The Wand Chooses the Wizard

Y/n had just came out of Gringotts after taking some money from his vault. And was still trying to get his head over the fact that there's a mountain of Galleons in his trust vault.

As he exited the Gringotts, he headed to Madam Malkins as his father told him that they would be there.

The moment he entered the shop, Sophia came running to him, excited to tell him about the new dress their mother was buying for her.

Y/n then headed towards the counter of the shop hoping to find his parents their and to his relief they were.

After shopping for all the supplies, the L/n headed to Ollivanders. They then parted their ways as Y/n went inside the shop and the rest of them headed outside deciding to meet at the Leaky Cauldron.

A tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depths of the shop as he stepped inside. It was a tiny place, empty except for a single, spindly chair. Y/n felt strangely as though he had entered a silent library; he looked at the thousands of narrow boxes piled neatly right up to the ceiling. For some reason, the back of his neck prickled. The very dust and silence in here seemed to tingle with some secret magic.

Not wanting this silence to last, "Hello, Is someone here?" Said Y/n hoping someone to appear as his eyes dilated to every corner he could see.

As soon as the voice echoed in the room a ladder slid towards Y/n getting his attention.

An old man wa standing on the ladder, he climbed down, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons through the gloom of the shop.

“Ah yes,” said the man. “Yes, yes. I thought I’d be seeing you soon. Y/n L/n.” It wasn’t a question. “You have your mother’s eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Nine and a quarter inches long, rigid, made of oak. Nice wand for transfiguration.”

Mr. Ollivander moved closer to Y/n. Y/n wished he would blink. Those silvery eyes were a bit creepy.

“Your father, on the other hand, favored a willow wand. Eleven inches. Flexible. A little more power and excellent for spell work. Well, I say your father favored it — it’s really the wand that chooses the wizard, of course.”

Ollivander then backed away from Y/n, still eyes locked at him. Y/n asked, " How come you remember all that. Is there a trick I could learn?"

"Bit like your father, I see. He also craved to find new skills and learn them. No doubt he made a fine Slytherin. Your Mother on the other hand, rash, brave, a perfect fit to be a Gryffindor." Said Ollivander as he once again came near Y/n.

“Well, now — Mr. L/n. Let me see.” He pulled a long tape measure with silver markings out of his pocket. “Which is your wand arm?”

“Well, I’m Dual-handed,” said Y/n. Ollivander raised an eyebrow," Haven't seen that in years now."

“Very well! Hold out one of your arm. That’s it.” He measured Y/n from shoulder to finger, then wrist to elbow shoulder to floor, knee to armpit and round his head.

As he measured, he said, “Every Ollivander wand has a core of a powerful magical substance, Mr. L/n. We use unicorn hairs, phoenix tail feathers, and the heartstrings of dragons. No two Ollivander wands are the same, just as no two unicorns, dragons, or phoenixes are quite the same. And of course, you will never get such good results with another wizard’s wand.”

Y/n suddenly realized that the tape measure, which was measuring between his nostrils, was doing this on its own. Mr. Ollivander was flitting around the shelves, taking down boxes.

“That will do,” he said, and the tape measure crumpled into a heap on the floor.

“Right then, Mr.L/n . Try this one. Beechwood and dragon heartstring. Nine inches. Nice and flexible. just take it and give it a wave.”