Chapter Fifty-four

Zemela's POV:-)

School was resuming the next day. Based on my research the first day of my last period is the beginning of my pregnancy (if you're confused, well so am I)

I wasn't at all excited to resume school because of the fight Ruby and I had, I knew for sure she must have told Sadiki and all the others so I didn't know where I stood with them.

Pamela was really helpful through out the holiday. I started having cramps similar to period cramps on new years day and I urinated frequently unlike before (all signs of pregnancy)

"Are you ready?" Pamela asked me.
"Daddy asked you to follow me to school?" I asked her.
She shook her head, "no, Aunt Mercy"
Wow! Why am I surprised!?

I didn't even have breakfast before leaving home.
"Can you walk faster?" Aunt Mercy hissed.

"What's wrong with you? Walk fast or we would be late!"
"You can see I'm trying" I said stopping a bit to catch my breath.

"I'm not your father that you can talk to anyhow, respect yourself. If you allow me report you to him, you wouldn't like what he'll do" she said.
"If I can talk to my father like that, I assure you you're no one to me, I'll do worse" I paused, "and what would he do to me? Kill me? Because of you?" I chuckled.

"Shut up and walk faster Zemela, I am warning you" she warned.
I mimicked her under my breath, I hissed then caught up with her.

"Once it's your closing time, I would be here to pick you. Don't you dare go anywhere" she ordered me before leaving for her work.

God I hate her!

I walked to my locker with my head down, I knew a few students heard Alfie reading the letter to me and news spreads so fast.

First day of school used to be my favorite, not any longer.
I stayed at my locker longer too scared to go to class, the hallway was packed with students, no one seemed to even notice me.

Principal Jace and Vice principal Rebecca addressed us in the hall before we started classes for the term.

All I could think of during classes was how I was going to handle my situation, my dad was definitely going to find out, would he let me graduate highschool? Would I drop out of school? Would he make me work extra to fend for my baby? What would I do? What would I say?

As I had this thoughts tears rolled down my eyes.
The bell for lunch went off, I remained in my seat because I had zero appetite and motivation.

I spent the break in a bathroom stall, urinating and crying.
When the bell went off, I didn't even bother going to class I remained there–that was the first time I appreciated the neatness of Bamford's bathrooms.

The day ended and Aunt Mercy, true to her words was waiting for me at the end of the hallway.
"What's wrong with you?" She asked.
I shook my head, she held me back by the arm.

"My husband is in the car, so behave yourself" she said sternly, I would have said something along the line of "you don't own me" if I wasn't so tired from crying and in pains.

"Good afternoon Zemela, right?" Aunt Mercy's husband greeted me.
I nodded but didn't say anything, I rested my head on the window as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Mercy has said so much about you and your siblings" he said again, his tone friendly.
"That's nice of her" I managed to say.

Aunt Mercy spoke next, "she isn't really in the mood, first day stress" she said.

After they drove off I proceeded into the house, headed for the bathroom to shower and cry.
I didn't have any appetite so I just slept off frequently waking up to urinate, Pamela came back with Lucida and Louise before I was fast asleep.