Chapter 13

"Mother please, we are here to tend to an important business matter regarding y/n."

Aimiah spoke in a stern yet elegant voice as she straightened her already perfect posture. Her mother, Evelyn gazed on in amusement and slight confusion. I can see nothing has changed much since my rank was lowered. Aimiah still looks up at Evelyn while Evelyn still looks down at Aimiah. How can someone admire a person who only sees them as a joke? Only Aimiah knows the answer to that question.

"Oh really? And what is this 'business matter' that you oh so desperately want to tell me about?"

Evelyn smirks finding her daughter's seriousness hilarious. Aimiah clears her throat before speaking.

"Actually Mother, this issue involves all of the elites. You see, I brought y/n here today because she needs forgiveness. I'm afraid the universe has not been kind to her, as of yesterday."

Evelyn's smirk drops as she stands to her full height once again. The other elites perk up in their lounge chairs. Two of them even went as far as to scoot up to make sure they haven't misheard. I look down in utter shame and humiliation as I can feel all five of their pupilless eyes burning into my skull.

"You don't say."

Evelyn's voice cut through the silent air with a lot less playful undertone. She sounded so serious. The cold tone sent a shiver down my spine as I keep my eyes glued to the floor out of fear.

"Yes. Unfortunately, she hasn't prayed since....the incident."

Evelyn lifts one of her perfectly trimmed blonde eyebrows. Evelyn scoffs before clapping her hands together two times. With that, a man comes running out to greet us. It was Aimiah's father. He was always so kind yet being around these women has clearly taken its toll on him. He is way more scrawny than when I was a kid. Light wrinkles can be seen creasing his forehead and his dark brunette hair has a few grays making his hair look duller. His pinkish pale complexion has lost its color slightly giving him an almost sickly appearance.

His blue eyes spotted me as his face lit up in recognition before facing his wife and daughter.

"Y-yes my l-l-love?"

He stutters as he speaks to Evelyn. Even his voice has gotten deeper and more lifeless. The passion he once held in his words and body language has long since vanished. Evelyn looks at him disgusted before bending down to his level. Her hand comes up to his face, stroking his cheek only for her thumb to stop beside his bushy mustache.

"Tony, dear, what did I say about this disgrace of a facelift? You know how I feel about body hair."

Evelyn grimaced as she plucks a hair from his mustache. Aimiah's dad, Tony, flinches from the quick pain he just endured. He looks down in shame. The poor guy can't even have a mustache anymore.

Body hair is seen as a part of masculinity. So the elites banned it after taking over Midtown. They rather us all walk around like naked mole rats than have one hair out of place which is why we have so many waxing salons.

Evelyn wipes her hand on Tony's shirt in disgust before fixing the pink collar around his neck. I could see his name plated in gold dangling from the collar as if he was a dog that would run away the first chance he gets.

"I'm sorry my dear. I will shave it off as soon as I get the chance."

He was defeated and broken. I could see it in his eyes. My frown deepens as Evelyn once again raises to her full height, upturning her nose at him before speaking.

"Good. Before you do that however I would like you to set up the meeting room. There are seven of us so you have better make sure there are enough chairs and drinks."