The Encounter

Dominion of Canada, City of Toronto, Yonge Street

1912, April 24, 6:30 A.M

Days after confirming existence of Britian, Australia and New Zealand (Through Australia)

On one of the bustling streets of Toronto, the largest city in Canada, a fascinating transformation was underway. The thoroughfare was gradually reclaiming its former vibrancy, with a growing number of pedestrians strolling its length. Yet, amid this promising resurgence, an intriguing spectacle caught the eye – an increased presence of soldiers and police officers patrolling the city. This unusual scenario was born out of a recent revelation by the Geological Survey of Canada (GSC). Their exhaustive study had unveiled a solitary pass through the colossal and steep mountain ranges, estimated to tower at a staggering 8,400 meters or more in average, situated along the former US-Canadian border within the Great Lakes Lowland / Southern Ontario.

Recent reports of sightings of colossal creatures and small green humanoid beings around the solitary pass had instilled a sense of alarm within the Canadian government. In response, an evacuation order was issued, mandating the departure of over 60,000 inhabitants residing within a 5-kilometer radius from the aforementioned border. Consequently, a 3-kilometer exclusion zone was established, followed by deployment of a substantial contingent of more than 45,000 military and police personnel to secure the border regions.

The city of Toronto now evolved into a pivotal hub for these forces and resources, poised to be dispatched to the borderlands. Consequently, the military and police presence in the city surged, their figures lining the iconic Toronto Union Station and key avenues. The symphony of soldiers' footsteps and the rumbling convoys of military and police vehicles created a stark juxtaposition to the normal urban clamor. 

However, amidst this auditory dissonance, an air of quietude prevailed within an elegant cafe nestled amidst the bustling streets.

As diplomat Edward Wood sipped his tea from a delicate cup, his gaze fixed upon the scene unfolding outside the window. A faint smile played upon his lips as he observed the world beyond. In the midst of this tranquil moment, fellow diplomat Lewis Clark interjected, his voice carrying a note of joyful exuberance,

"It appears, Mr. Wood, that you can hardly contain your delight."

Facing Lewis Clark, Wood set his tea cup down with a small but perceptible air of excitement. His voice tinged with anticipation, he responded,

"Indubitably, my esteemed companion. We find ourselves at the cusp of an epochal juncture, poised to inaugurate an era of unparalleled exploration. Whilst pockets of the antiquated world still beckon my curious pursuits, the uncharted expanse we are about to tread upon presents naught but an idyllic vista. A plethora of uncharted sovereignties awaits our ardent inquisition—a veritable haven for astute diplomatic endeavors." (British Empire and its loyal dominions confirmed existence of civilization from the RMS Titanic and S.S Californian)