Side Story ③: Ancient City

Southern Embéron, Lonvane Archipelago, Μεγάλη Αρχαία Πόλη της Τραπεζούντας

E.C 1,544 [ Αιθερικό Ημερολόγιο ], Πυανεψιόν 11th

Atop massive light house overseeing the entire regions

In the grand and venerable city of Trapezon, known to some as the City of Ancients, echoes of a bygone era whispered through its winding streets. Once a formidable power, rivaling even the great city of Alliador in its glory, Trapezon stood as a sanctuary for those fleeing the ravages of war. Over time, its population swelled with the tide of refugees, each seeking solace within its protective walls.

Despite its adherence to ancient customs that forbade the savagery of slavery, piracy, and other vices that plagued neighboring realms, Trapezon found itself waning in influence. Mockingly dubbed the "City of Ancients" by those who scoffed at its adherence to seemingly outdated ways.

Yet amidst the ebb and flow of time, one structure remained a beacon of unwavering hope: the Pýrgos tis Elpídas, or many call the "Tower of Eternal Fire". Rising majestically to a staggering height of 130 meters / 426 feet, its construction shrouded in mystery, the tower stood as a testament to a forgotten era. Crafted by hands lost to memory and technology obscured by the sands of time, the Tower of Eternal Fire cast its luminous gaze across the tumultuous sea, guiding wayward souls to sanctuary.

Atop this monumental edifice, amidst a retinue of soldiers poised with bows drawn, there stood a figure unlike any other. Draped in a crimson cape that billowed in the wind like a banner of defiance, Arhigós-Fílakas Alcaeos commanded attention. To many, he appeared as an aged Kafis (Humans with pointy ears *Not Elf), his features weathered by the passage of centuries. Yet, unbeknownst to all save himself, Alcaeos bore the lineage of a forgotten race—a dwarven blood that flowed through his veins.

- Arhigós-Fílakas (Cheif-Guardian) Alcaeos -

238 years old ; equivalent to 61 years old in human age

Amidst the chaos and billowing smoke, Arhigós-Fílakas Alcaeos stood stoically , his gaze piercing through the city walls below. His voice, soft yet commanding, cut through the din like a blade through silk.

"week at most..." he murmured, his words barely audible above the fray.

Turning to the officers gathered around him, he sought an update on the situation, his concern evident in his furrowed brow.

"Kavalieres," he addressed them with the respect befitting their courage and loyalty, 

"what is the status of our defenses?"