Bright Light amidst darkness

Amidst the looming specter of war at the Empire's doorstep, attention shifted away from the impending conflict to the glaring shortage of manpower needed to govern the vast protectorates recently annexed. The collective population of these territories, ranging from 79 to 85 million, surpassed even the combined inhabitants of the British colonies in Africa and Asia (excluding India). Faced with the formidable challenge of overseeing these expansive territories, the empire devised a strategic plan – enlisting the most loyal from the local populace, including humans, dwarves, and halflings. This initiative birthed the Itranad Frontier ForceBritish Zundar Division and Eastern Volunteer Rifle Corps both under the command of the newly formed British Eastern Army.

Recognizing that military strength alone would not secure lasting influence, the Empire embraced a multifaceted approach to fortify its dominion. Trade agreements, appeasement strategies, and efforts to streamline transportation and commerce were set into motion. Simultaneously, the Empire initiated the construction of essential infrastructures, educational facilities, and hospitals in collaboration with newfound allies. These initiatives heralded the dawn of a transformative era, promising improved living standards and a brighter future for the inhabitants.

Within the Empire's political echelons, there was a palpable awareness of the failures of their past endeavors in the old world. In this unexplored realm, they adopted an alternative and more benevolent approach. Unlike the skepticism faced in the old world, the denizens of this new land perceived the Empire as liberators or even god-like emissaries sent to usher in prosperity and peace. The Empire's presence was not merely an imposition but a beacon of hope, promising to bring lost prosperity and tranquility to a world in need.

From the Eastlings' (humans, dwarves, and halflings) gaze their world teetered on the precipice of oblivion. Once-majestic temples crumbled, and their races withered under the cruel weight of decline. Yet, from the fabled East, a radiant light emerged—the British Empire, a force to defy fate itself.

The Empire, wielding unmatched might, vanquished the common foe and resurrected shattered realms. Crumbling temples  repaired and standing proud once more. The loyalty of Eastlings to the Empire surpassed mere allegiance; it was a fervent, unwavering devotion eclipsing even that of nationalistic British citizens.

When the Empire started recruiting, anticipation filled the air. Contrary to all forecasts among British Army, positions vanished in a single day. Locals, some journeying from distant lands, lined up outside British Army recruiting stations. For eastlings enlisting wasn't a duty; it was a sacred calling, a desperate plea for salvation in a world on the brink.

The Eastlings understood that the Empire wasn't just a savior—it was their last bastion against encroaching shadows. As the queues formed, they bore witness to a narrative of defiance, a collective will to wrest the world from the clutches of despair.

B.E.A Army Structures