one| train

"Yes, mum

"Yes, mum. I have everything." I said in an annoyed tone as my mother began listing every single item in my suitcase. She always does this.

"Yeah? Where's your jumper?" She questioned, causing me to raise an eyebrow before a lightbulb went off in my head.

Fuck. At home.

"Stop leaving your stuff everywhere." Was here answer before she threw - in my face - my favourite sweater. It was this forest green colour with my name written on the back and the number 16. In front was a logo of my rugby team; Gremlin Wraith.

We picked the name when we were seven years old. Who lets such a big task to seven year olds?

My mum's a witch, my dad's a muggleborn. He had me playing rugby when I was a kid and I've always loved the sport. When I come back for the holidays or for summer, the ladies and I get together for a few practices before going to games. We've won all of them, if I'm being non-modest.

"That's why I'll always cherish and appreciate you." I teased with a toothy grin before putting my sweater over my shoulders.

Others might find it treacherous that I wore a colour different then the one from my house. After all, I'm a Gryffindor and my sweater was Slytherin's colour.

However, I don't really care. It's a fucking colour.

"Smartass." Mum stated before her grin suddenly turned serious, her eyes zeroing on a father-son duo behind us as I frowned. Turning around, my own eyes landed on the Nott men.

"Mum, what's wrong?" Axel questioned, his hand holding her hand as she shook her head, motioning for me to turn back around.

But too late.

I had already made eye contact with Theodore Nott Jr. His piercing blue eyes stared me down as I sent him a small wave with a smile, like I do with most people. His eyebrows creased before he straightened his posture - as if it was even possible, he was already so stiff - and looked away from me.

"Don't, Dalia. I do not want you around that boy." My mother warned me, an edge I couldn't quite discern in her voice before my two youngest siblings came barreling towards me.

Both of them hugging my legs as I almost staggered backwards if it wasn't for an arm wrapping around my waist to stabilize me.

"I knew you'd fall for me at some point." Fred Weasley's voice said in my ear causing a huge grin to appear on my face. The ginger boy - actually it's man now, he's not in school anymore - was only a year older than me but he was my best friend.

Him, George and I used to prank Filch almost everyday of my sixth year. How I manage to pass all my OWLS is pretty crazy to me. They were like if Axel had been cloned and a few years younger. They protected me for guys and hexed a few of my ex's when they found out some fucked up shit they did to me - aka Adrian Pucey, aka Zachary Smith, aka Steward Ackerley. I love the twins like family.

"Freddie!" Bethany shouted, jumping his arms as Axel looked at her with a look of betrayal. Same.

"Hello trouble. How's my favourite lil misfit?" He questioned with a huge grin causing Bee to laugh, even though I'm sure she doesn't know what misfit means. As long as Fred's looking at her, she doesn't care about anyone else.

Lowkey same.

Look, Fred's not my type - I don't date gingers - but if he was a brunette, I might consider it. Unconsciously my eyes drifted towards Theodore Nott, the Slytherin boy already staring at me. Fuck.

My cheeks felt hot, and I thanked my mother for letting me inherit of her darker skin tone instead of my dad's. At least he couldn't tell that I was blushing.

Why am I even blushing? He's a dick- actually now that I think about it, Theodore's never actually harmed or jinxed someone. He's been in fights before but for good reasons - I think...

"Ready to go, short stack?" George questioned, causing my heart to practically jump out of my chest. He scared me, and by the look on his face, I can tell it was his intention too.

"Arsehole." I mumbled under my breath.

It took even longer then last year to say goodbye to everyone, promising to write letters every week and to come back for break. I even had to agree to send mum a few boxes of tea from hell - the pink tea shop that everyone goes to on their first date. I hate it.

I had five dates there, all ended with him thinking he could kiss me after he spoke about himself the entire time. I was so fucking close to just hide in the bathroom and leave by the window.

I hate men, sometimes.

"Guys, I'm gonna miss the train. I have to go." I called out while rushing towards the old rusty red train, a loose curl falling in my face as I mentally thanked my silk scarf for keeping everything out of my face.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I chanted before slipping inside of the train just as the doors closed. I took a few seconds to regain my breathing, my hands on my knees as I inhaled and exhaled.

"You're out of shape, Ackles." A voice said from my side as I glanced upwards. Blaise Zabini was leaning against a compartment door, his signature smirk on his face as I rolled my eyes with a grin.

"And yet you still couldn't keep up with me." I stated, causing him to hold his hands above his heart in utter betrayal.

I like Blaise, he's a good potions partner. At first I wasn't sure how it was going to be to work with him but then he called me girly and I knew we were destined to be acquaintances. Not sure I can call us friends but we'll see.

"How was your summer?" He questioned with genuine interest.

"Rugby, wedding, fucking, smoking, you know? The usual." I stated with a shrug as Blaise chuckled, his arms uncrossing as the door of the compartment slid open, revealing an irritated Matteo Riddle.

"You fucking prick! You cheated! We were supposed to go celibate together, arsehole!" The curly haired boy whisper-yelled as Blaise looked at him with wide eyes.

"Do I even want to know?" I asked out loud, not being able to stop myself. Matteo turned around to look at me, his eyes glancing over my figure as I shifted on one foot to the other.

"You're hot. Wanna fuck?"

Before I could even answer, a hand grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled - no, yanked him back inside of the compartment. That's funny.

"I never gave my answer." I mumbled with an exaggerated pout. Matteo Riddle was definitely my type of men, though he's a bit too whoreish for my taste.

"You don't want his dick, sweetheart. Trust me." A deep voice stated, the owner of the voice being none other than Mr Heartbreaker himself - did I really just say that? That's embarrassing.

"Noted." I said with a smile as he only nodded before putting his head back in his compartment. Blaise, who had watched our interaction had a shit-eating grin plastering his whole face as I groaned.

Oh Merlin's tits.

"I can already hear the wedding bells."

"Goodbye Blaise."

"No! Dalia! I was kidding! Come back!"