six| garden

I was sitting outside, enjoying my free period when a couple of pairs of feet were heard running towards me

I was sitting outside, enjoying my free period when a couple of pairs of feet were heard running towards me. I looked up just in time to feel a body collide with mine, sending us both to the ground, my book flying out of my hand as I groaned.

"You'll never guess what happened. Enzo transformed a rat into a bird and someone's cat tried to eat it. The cat kept running after it, claws out and just meow meow meooow after the bird. It was fucking hilarious." Matteo rambled, imitating the sounds of a cat as I stifled a laugh in his shoulder.

The boy was practically on top of me, until another hand yanked him up by his collar and allowed me to breath.

"You were fucking crushing her, dimwit." Theo snapped at Matteo, glaring daggers at the brunette before taking a seat next to me.

His shoulder was touching mine, his arms holding himself up as I watched him soak in the sun.

"Are you anemic?"

"What?"

"Anemic? It's when your skin is always cold." I said, the Nott boy shrugging as I went to retrieve my book. My skirt slightly raising up when I got on my knees but who cares? I don't.

I felt two hands holding the bottom of my skirt, preventing it from lifting even more as I glanced form the corner of my eye towards Theo. His cheeks were a dark shade of red that almost had me smirking, his eyes darting everywhere expect towards me as Blaise sent him a shit-eating grin.

He's cute.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Freebie and we decided to skip Divination." Draco said while pointing at Lorenzo, Pansy and Blaise before pointing at himself and Matteo.

"Oh, Pansy. I've been meaning to ask, how do you get your eyeliner to last all day? Mine usually fades after lunch." I stated a bit too loudly, my head having a moment of realization before apologizing for my sudden outburst.

It didn't seem to bother them since they simply sat down next to me and began to do their own thing. Pansy thought me a trick for my eyeliner while Matteo and Enzo got in a competitive Dungbomb game, Draco laid under the shade of the tree - a hand on his face while the other was under his head - I think he fell asleep, Blaise was talking Theo's ear off while Theo... oh no.

Theo was reading my book from the page I had left my bookmark in. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I tried to kick his shin, silently asking him to stop reading the very inappropriate scene that had come up in my book. But Theo simply placed a freezing cold hand on my burning skin, his thumb rubbing circles on my shin as a slight pink tinge crept up his ears.

Great, he's gonna think I'm some sort of freak that enjoys smutty muggle books.

Going back to my conversation with Pansy, I kept eyeing Theo from the corner of my eye as he avidly read my book. He was reading faster than I've ever seen someone read before, his fingers lightly skimming the pages, his veins more prominent in the sunlight as I tried not to drool.

"Holy fuck, did I fucking tell what I heard today? You're gonna be fucking baffled." Pansy questioned, her black hair shining under the sun rays.

"That depends, if it's about Cormac-"

"Forget Cormac, he's an egotistical jerk. I'm talking about Adrian saying you guys hooked up before the Great Feast."

"What?!"
"The fuck?"
"No way!"
"Are you kidding?"
"Bullshit."

Theo, Blaise, Enzo, Matteo and Draco all said at the same time as I stared at Pansy with my mouth wide opened. She looked at me with a deadass expression as my eyes unconsciously glided towards Theo. His grip on my shin tightened, his jaw clenched and his eyes glaring daggers at the ground.

"I didn't hook up with him. I haven't even spoke to him since we broke up last year." I said, more to Theo then to Pansy even though I was looking at her.

For some reason, having Theo think I hooked up with Adrian made me feel sick to my stomach. I wasn't necessarily ashamed of my past ex's but I hate fake news. And liars.

"I heard him bragging about it to Goyle, he said that you basically threw yourself at him. That you were desperate for a quick fuck and that you missed hi-"

"I'm gonna fucking kill him."

I mumbled while getting up from my seat, my eyes frowned in a murderous glare as my fist clenched tightly. I was going to give him a piece of my mind.

"Where you going?" Enzo shouted as I marched quickly towards the other side of the garden, where I knew he would be - smoking.

"To shove my wand so far up his arse he'll have splinters in his goddamn throat."

I heard a couple of them laughing before a hand pulled me back. A cold hand. I knew exactly who it was without having to turn around.

"Let me go, Theo."

"For what? So that you can punch him and get detention? So that you can mouth him off while he enjoys the fact that he got under your skin?"

"I didn't have sex with him!" I almost shouted in his face if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't want others to know about this fake rumour going around.

"We believe you. I believe you, Dalia. Who cares what he says? We all know it's bullshit anyways."

"I care, Theo. I care! I hate that he's saying those things about me- he... fuck." I looked away from him, my head already hurting just thinking about all the fucked up shit I put up with because I thought I loved him and he loved me.

I was so naive.

"Let me and the guys take care of him, okay? We'll teach him a lesson, let him know never to mess with you again, yeah?" He asked, his thumb and index fingers hooking under my chin and lifting my head up to meet his eyes.

"I need words, darling."

"Yeah, okay." I breathed, a smile tugging on his lips as I itched to push a strand of his hair back to expose his beautiful blue eyes to me. I could stare at him all day.

"Now, about that book of yours. I didn't know you were into that sort of things."

"Theodore."

"Yes, kitten?" He teased, calling me the same endearing name as the male character calls the female character, with a shit-eating grin, his perfectly white and straight teeth on full display as I bite the inside of my cheek to not comment on his smile. He looks so much younger when he smiles.

Less serious. Less stressed out. Less adult.

"I hate you."

"Mhm, sure, whatever you say, kitten."

"Theo!"