Flashback

Vernon informed me that Hae Young took a leave without notice. I know for sure that she will be in her room. So I headed there. According to Vernon, It seems like Seungcheol just finds out who leaked these pictures to the media. Cause the company just talked to the reporter and found that it was her.

I saw Scoups on the hallways. I wanted to say something but no voice came out of me. He looked at me, ignored me and went on his way. I had to deal with him later. I need to find the reason for Hae Young's behaviour first.

I went to her apartment and rang the doorbell 5 times but no answer. I called her. No response. But I for sure know that she is inside. I still have the spare key that she gave me when we were still friends. I opened it and went inside.

She was watching TV and laughing hysterically. It's a news channel. Covering Seungcheol's ongoing controversy. There are protest trucks near the building asking for an explanation. Antis took the chance and left negative comments about him all over Twitter.

She finally noticed my presence. "HEY!!". She looked unbothered about how I got into her house. "You want some coffee?". She asked, turning off the TV. "Do you know why I was here?". I asked her.

"Maybe that stupid ass reporter broke his promise and told the company about the 'anonymous employee' who leaked your private life to the media for some money". She said laughing. I can't believe how she laughs in this situation.

"Why did you do it?"

"You don't want coffee?"

"Just tell me why the hell you did it. If it is because of the argument we had that day, you didn't have to bring down Seungcheol for that. He didn't do anything wrong". I said, losing my patience while she looked calmer. It just irritated me more.

"Cause he deserves it". She said in a monotonic voice. I looked confused. "I did it cause he FUCKING DESERVES IT!!". She yelled. "You are just the side character here". She said smiling. Just now she yelled and was now smiling..? She looks like a total psychopath.

"I have many other questions too".

"You mean 'the hug'?". She is now chuckling. So she knows that I watched it happen.

"So tell me. Which one do you wanna hear first? About why He deserves it or about why I was hugging him after throwing the chain near the trash?". She asked with the same psychotic smile.

"I knew it isn't him. How did you get the chain?". I asked her.

"So you wanna know about the recent occurring? Okay then. Listen with your ears fully open". The tone in her voice gave me chills.

"You remember the day we went to their dorm for a little hangout? I got curious about his room and went into it when everyone is busy doing their things. And I saw a box near his table. It looked so pretty so I wanted to check what was in it. It has this ugly ass looking sea shell chain in it. But I remember seeing a similar ugly ass chain on your table too. I got suspicious and took the chain inside that pretty box and placed it safely in my pocket". She is extravagantly telling the story without looking at me.

"So you stole it?". I asked her with a surprised yet annoying look. "Nah I didn't steal it. I just placed it in my pocket. Now don't disturb me when I'm telling you the story". She said, looking at me. I just rolled my eyes and she continued.

"After finding out about you two dating later that night, I couldn't bring myself to feel okay. I hated you. I hated him. I hated everything. I kind of forgot about the chain I had with me. After a few days of ignoring you, I heard you two have a 'fight' in the parking lot. I took the chance. And first sent those pictures directly to the CEO. Cause it was the right timing.

I was on my way to meet Seungcheol and talk to him. I found the chain in my pocket and thought it was useless. So I threw it. I wanted it to be in the trash but it missed. I need to practice my skills". Maybe this shit has ADHD too. She went off-topic and started talking about basketball training and all.

"Come back to the topic". I said sounding annoyed. "Oops! Sorry, my bad". She laughed at herself and continued again.

"So I went to meet him. Luckily he is all alone in a room thinking deeply about something. I started talking about our high school days. He didn't seem to remember any of that. And he couldn't even tell me to stop. He is a nice guy. But I got upset.

So I changed the topic. And started talking about you and Joshua. You two seemed pretty close from what I observed. So I want to create some story between you two so that Seungcheol would hate you more. But sadly, he told me that I was imagining stuff. I watched his phone screen ring with 'Y/n🫶' on it.

It was on silent with no vibration so he didn't notice it. He was about to leave fed up with me constantly talking with no break. I heard footsteps and assumed it was you. I hugged him and whispered 'I love you', loud enough for both of you to hear. The poor guy is still in shock. I left the room before he could say anything."

"So-" I had lots to say but this girl cut me off. "I'm not done yet". She glared at me.

"I followed your emotional ass to the pub. I didn't enter inside cause I hate all that loud music. And I captured some spectacular pictures of you and Joshua outside the pub. They looked convincing enough. I saw him dropping you to your house.

And in the morning, I saw Scoups. And I showed him the pictures to make him believe that I was correct. The look in his eyes. I still remember. He is denying it. And went to your house. I thought this wasn't enough so I leaked the photos to the media thinking At least the public will make you guys break up.

And that was it. The other two videos aren't related to me. One is from the people from the pub. And the other one is from your other enemy 'Eunji'. It's not my fault that many people are hating you". She shrugged.

All the things she just said are still processing in my mind. "But we used to be friends..." I mumbled. "You dumb bitch, don't you get it? I used you to get closer to Seungcheol". She laughed making me feel like a fool.

"So that was all a lie..." My voice is low. "Yeah". She said nonchalantly. "I guess the start of your story is from your high school days. So tell me about it". I changed the topic not wanting to feel weak.

"That's right!!. That was a sad story. If you are interested, I can tell you". She winked at me. I'm feeling more and more disgusted by her. But I still miss the old 'Hae Young'. The Hae Young with a mask on.

"Go ahead". I said and she again started her storytelling abilities. She went on and on about her high school days for 1-2 hours. And the only point is that she showed so much care for Seungcheol only to get ignored. I mean I don't understand how she thought he was gonna remember the mysterious girl who keeps Strawberry milk on his desk every day. Leave him an umbrella when it's raining.

He could've thought it was one of his fangirls. I heard he was popular even in his high school days. The only interaction she directly had with him was on the sports day. I don't blame him for not remembering her. She is just being too delusional.

I left her house and took some time for myself. Seungcheol needs to hear this.

---------------

Author's NOTE:

So it is concluded that Hae Young just wants attention but sadly didn't get it. Ughh.. I hate her🙄

Btw, Send lots of love to Joshua. He doesn't deserve all the hate he is getting🤧

Votes are appreciated and commenting makes you blessed 😉

Have a great day/night 🫶