Heartstopper again

Here I am talking about Heartstopper again but in the light of season 2 it's so fitting!

I'm not going to give any spoilers, but I wanna point towards it again for everyone reading this. If you haven't watched it or read it, you absolutely need to! You can read the comics for free online on Tapas (and it's a fully legitimate website) and you can watch it on Netflix.

I want to spend a minute talking about the actual aro/ace representation in season 2. It's not a main storyline but the character Isaac begins his journey of self discovery as all of his friends find themselves in relationships. There are several highly relatable moments, for example when he asks how his friend knew they had a crush and is clearly confused by the answer "I wanted to be around him all the time but whenever he was around I felt like I couldn't breathe and I wanted to kiss him all the time".

I particularly love the scene where he learns of the terms aromantic and asexual. It means so much to see a scene that actually uses these words in a show that kids can watch. Growing up I really wish I had the exposure to it. I don't think I would've connected with it immediately like some of you might, but it certainly would've made things easier later on.

So yeah, go watch and read Heartstopper! Alice Oseman is my favourite author of all time and you should all go and support them!!!

💚🩶🤍🖤🩶🤍💜