25

Amena was floating around in the pool. Cyfrin was sitting on the edge with his feet dangling in. He was reading a book and she gave him a gentle splash to get him to look up.

"Aren't you coming in?" she asked.

He smirked, looking exceptionally handsome in his sunglasses, without a shirt of course. He closed his book, soaking her in.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look in that bathing suit?"

Amena felt the heat rush up her neck. Cyfrin had seen her naked at this point so a bikini around him didn't feel like that big of deal, and this was one that she certainly wouldn't wear around others. It was nice to finally feel comfortable in her own skin though.

Cyfrin slipped into the pool, setting his book on the edge, and reaching for her.

She was happy to see him so relaxed. After his work trip, their schedules seemed to have proceeded as normal, and they both had been so busy. It was nice to have some down time with him.

She took his hands.

"I finally figured out how to keep the water out of my nose when I swim, without having to pinch it," she said.

"Really?" he asked.

She nodded eagerly. "Count how long I can stay under."

He agreed, watching her disappear under the water.

They ended up playing silly little games all afternoon. She liked diving after pennies that he scattered around the pool, and he helped her do a handstand.

She dried off, following him into the house.

"I'm hungry," she said.

Cyfrin chuckled. "Do you want to shower first or eat first?"

It was a hard pick, but she chose a shower.

"How about after we eat we go get some ice-cream or something?" he asked.

She nodded eagerly. "I want cheesecake."

He gave another short laugh. "Alright."

She showered, putting on a soft t-shirt dress that fell modestly above her knee, and letting her long damp hair fall across her back. She had given up on drying it. She was pretty worn out from swimming.

Cyfrin had also showered and was already cooking by the time she made it back down. He looked a little tense.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

He turned to face her with a soft sigh. His lips quirked up, and she soaked in his incredibly handsome features. "I've been meaning to do this for a while now. I just never knew when the right time was."

He reached into his pocket, revealing a gold necklace with a small pendant hanging on the end of it. It looked like it had a mini flower pressed into it, framed by tangles of gold.

"This was my grandmother's. She told me to give it to the person that I was going to marry. I would like to give it to you, if that's okay."

Amena swallowed thickly against a flood of emotions. She gave a slow nod.

"I know we have never talked about marriage, baby," he whispered. "I know it's too soon, but you're it for me. You are my everything."

He came around to her side, and she lifted her hair so he could clasp it around her neck.

"You are my everything, too," she whispered, touching the beautiful piece of jewelry. "I love you. Thank you for this."

She cupped his face, pulling him down so she could press her lips to his.

"I wish I could've met your grandma."

"Me too," Cyfrin whispered, kissing her nose and then her forehead. "She would have adored you."

He kissed her hard, trying to convey all of the things they both didn't say out loud. She gripped his shirt, trying to get him closer.

She had never considered marriage. It still seemed too early, but what she did know that Cyfrin was her forever. She was touched by his gesture.

He was between her legs, intimately close. Her breath caught in her throat with every brush.

"I think, maybe, we should skip food," she managed to whisper against his persistent lips.

Her eyes fluttered as he gave a not so innocent roll of the hips. 

"Yeah?" he asked, teasing her. "Did you have something in mind, baby?"

His hands moved down her side to her hips.

"I love you," Cyfrin said.

Everything was as it should be.