i.i

Moving is never easy, especially the big ones. The Clarke children would know that. Their father was a doctor, and their mother was a teacher. Growing up, the family constantly moved around. The children were born in England. They'd moved to many countries throughout their lives, due to new opportunities in their parents' jobs. Now they've relocated to a small town in Washington, Forks.

According to their parents, the family was a perfect size. Rue and Jackson Clarke. Milo was the eldest of the three children, only by about a year. Then the twins, Florence and Amelie. Florence was the eldest twin and took great pride in it - until Milo comments about being older than the two - but Amelie was always called the baby of the family just to wind her up.

Today was their first day of school in the new secluded town. "Let me sleep, momma." Florence groans as her mother jostles her to wake her up. You know when you're in bed and get the perfect spot in the perfect position that led to utter comfort? That's where Florence was about now. She couldn't care less if she was late, she really couldn't. She just didn't want to move, just in case she never found that perfect spot again.

"It's your first day. Being late is not a good impression." Rue lectured. Not only was it Milo, Florence and Amelie's first day at school, it was also Rue's as a teacher. And she didn't want to go to her first day of work, knowing she couldn't even get her daughter out of bed and she'll be late.

It wasn't as if transport was an issue. Milo and Florence had cars. Amelie would if she took an interest in learning to drive - which she didn't.

"Let me stay home, please?" Florence mumbled into the blankets, still half asleep. When she heard complete silence follow her request, she gave her reason. "My body kills, mainly my stomach, but still all of it." She nagged even more. Florence would roll over to look at her mother, but her excuse would be the same reason she's yet to get out of bed. She's just too comfortable.

Rue wasn't an idiot. She was 90% certain it was an excuse to stay home, but she also knew Florence wouldn't budge. "If you're in so much pain that you can't attend a compulsory part of your life, then you can go with your dad to work and come to school tomorrow." Rue reasoned, and received a little nod of Florence, who was slowly drifting back to sleep.

Florence got her extra hour of sleep, then she had to depart her comfort place - which she wasn't happy about. She wasn't ill or anything. Just running on three hours of sleep after staying up till the early hours of the morning, unpacking her room and laying stuff out for school the next day. The only pain in her body was a partially sore back from constant heavy lifting with poor posture all night.

Florence put on a slightly oversized hoodie, leggings, and her adored converse. She brought what she claimed were her five necessities - her phone, a charger, an iPod, headphones, and a book. Despite being rushed out of bed by her father, she still ended up sitting in the car waiting on him.

"Before we do anything, I have to meet my new boss. You'll have to come with me before I find out where you can go for the day." Jackson pulled the car out of the driveway and made his way to the hospital.

After getting lost and needing to recruit a nurse to help them, Jackson managed to get to his new boss' office in one piece. Florence took notice of the polished gold plaque on the door - Dr. Carlisle Cullen.

They went inside, and Florence loved the layout of the room. She'd later claimed it appeared like a different building, rather than the stark white walls and that harsh white lighting. The walls were a cool grey, with all the furniture dark brown and gold handles on each drawer. The light was still bright, but felt warmer than the ones in the hallways.