ii.iv

Florence still sees them.

Not often, but when she does something 'dangerous', or when she and Adriana get into it a bit more, which is a massive turn off. Imagine getting into stuff with your possible girlfriend, when suddenly people appear in the room, but they aren't there, and only you can see them. What's even worse is that the people are your soulmates that up and left. Not very fun.

Florence and Adriana were talking to Emily. Who started baking muffins for when the boys came over. The muffins were finished, and in perfect timing a rusty red van pulled up outside, and a certain girl that Florence did not like got out. Yay.

"Are you guys hungry? Like I have to ask." Emily laughed as Jared and Embry took a muffin each. Emily turned to Bella, confused upon the new arrival. "Who's this?" She questioned, looking at us.

"Bella Swan, who else?" Embry said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"So, you're the other vampire girl?" She said, Bella looked confused at 'other'. Her face hardened when she saw Florence, who gave her a fakely sweet smile, but she turned back to Emily.

"So, you're the wolf girl?" Bella said awkwardly.

"Guess so well, I'm engaged to one." She shrugged and placed the plate of muffins on the table. "Save some for your brothers and ladies first. Muffin?" Emily offered.

"Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order." Adriana laughed slightly, some form of agreement came from the boys shoving their faces with muffins.

"Who are you?" Bella rose an eyebrow at her.

"Adriana Uley. Sam's sister, and the better sibling," Adriana smiled proudly.

"You're really not." Florence looked at her expression turn to a faux-offended frown.

"That's just rude." She huffed.

"He didn't say anything to me." Bella spoke up, returning to the comment Adriana made.

"That's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want 'em to or not." Embry said in a bragging tone, "And check it out! We can hear each other's thoughts." He added with a proud look on his face.

"Would you shut up? These are trade secrets. Damn it! This chick runs with vampires." Jared pointed the latter at Bella with his muffin.

"You can't really run with vampires, because they're fast." Bella stated.

"Yeah? Well, we're faster." Jared told her, the words made Bella's face contort into confusion.

"One day, me and you race. I doubt you're faster than me." Florence challenged him.

"You're on." He smirked.

"Jake's right. You're good with weird." Sam said to whatever Bella said previously. He went over and gave Emily a kiss. He looked over at Florence and Adrian.

"She thinks she's better than you." Florence mouthed to him. Adriana gave her a look before hitting the side of her arm. Jake and Paul were pushing each other around playfully as they came up to the house.

"Sorry." Paul said at Bella, before turning back towards the other boys.

"Wait, I thought vampires weren't allowed to cross the treaty line?" Bella questioned.

"They're not. No offence to your little Cullen family." Jared answered, the wording of that hurt Florence a little. Adriana picked up on her shift in mood and hit Jared, harder than she did to Florence.

"But Florence is a vampire." Bella nodded her head over to me, like that was going to spark a fight or something, with the smug look on her face. As if she thought the shifters were unaware of Florence's nature.

"Different kind, drinking blood won't make me kill them or any shit like that. Plus, I don't apply to the treaty." Florence shrugged. The only thing about the Cullen's she's kept the same, or tried to, is their diet. She tries to feed off animals more than humans, despite the massive taste difference. It was a habit she got used to, and stopping it felt like removing the last part of them she still has.

Meanwhile, Jacob stayed against the door frame and signalled for Bella to follow him. She quickly left, not before glaring towards Florence.

Bella always had a problem with Florence, which was obvious to everyone who saw the encounters between the two.

Bella saw Florence has someone who got in the way of what she wanted. Which was a vampire. And with the rest of the Cullen family around, it wouldn't happen. They would never allow Edward to be so blinded by his bloodlust to turn Bella into one of them and have her be around for the rest of their lives.

The Cullen's merely tolerated Bella. Rosalie was never fond of her, because of her blatant disrespect for humanity - the one thing Rosalie craved the most, a human life. Emmett had a neutral opinion, but sides with his wife, mainly for arguments sake.

Jasper had issues due to not only his thirst, but also feeling Edwards around Bella, which only increased his issues with his control. It was obvious Alice loved Bella at the start, but that only died down.

Finally, Carlisle and Esme. They both had neutral opinions, although Esme was fond of having another person to cook for within the house. It was something she enjoyed deeply.

But once Florence came into their lives, their opinions changed greatly. Bella always tried to act superior and bitchy towards Florence. The accident on her birthday felt aimed at Florence, as if she waited for her to attack, and the wrong person did. The family felt protective over their mate and disliked the unnecessary behaviour Bella showed towards Florence.