iii.iv

When they finally had to return from Forks, to say they were disappointed would be an understatement. But they had to return to the gloomy town they called home. It was a moment of pure euphoria, being able to run freely in the sun and not worry about people seeing them, which would expose their kind. Florence would also miss teasing them about their sparkle nearly every day.

"What's wrong with you?" Emmett dumped some of the bags at the stairs, ready for them to take to their rooms.

"I want to go back." Florence pouted, he laughed at her slightly, "You can't talk to me right now." She pointed at him, his grin disappearing immediately.

"What'd I do?!" Emmett whined.

"Broke our sand castles." Alice and Florence said in union, sending him a glare. "We can go back another day, after all, it's 'Isle Florence'. All yours." Alice added, kissing the tip of her nose.

Not even half-hour after they got back home, the sound of a dying engine from a certain red truck Florence despise was heard, along with a heartbeat coming closer to the house. Then she constantly knocked on the door, Carlisle closed his book and reluctantly walked towards the door. "Yes Bella?" He said as politely as he could.

"Where's Edward? Did he leave again as well?" She rambled.

"He's not here at the moment." Carlisle lied.

"But his car's there?" Bella pointed to the grey Volvo parked on the side of the road.

"Then why ask?" Florence retorted, joining Carlisle's side. His arm snaked around her waist, and he kissed the side of her head. Florence looked back to see a disgusted look on her face.

"Let me see him." Bella gulped, she stood slightly straighter, as if that was her way of looking intimidating.

"Bella's grown some balls." Florence smirked, "But the answer's still no." She added, and left Carlisle to try and sort it, which wasn't the best idea, as he didn't have a single rude bone in his body, unless it was a threat to his family, especially his mates.

Bella barged past and made her way towards Edward's room. Florence just stood there in shock. "Did she just?" She repeatedly glanced from the door to the stairs. "I really hate her." Florence mumbled and sat on the sofa, ready to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Bella, stop coming here." Edward spoke when she came into his room.

"Then stop moping! You can't just ditch me, after everything that we've been through." She pleaded.

"He can, and that nearly broke our family." Florence spat, some sound of agreement from Rosalie.

"You really can't choose her over me." Bella spat.

"Leave Florence out of this." Edward defended.

"What so you love that whore now?" Her voice rose, a growl came from Emmett at that sentence.

"Calm down baby, she's just jealous." Florence shuffled closer to him, resting her head on his lap. He played with Florence's hair as he watched the TV.

"She's not a whore. You were there in Volterra, she's mated to everyone, and she ties the coven together. It's extremely rare Bella. Can't you understand that?" Edward groaned.

"Then why's this so hard, me or her?" Bella questioned.

"Bella just shut up." He muttered.

"What? Don't tell me to shut up, just answer me." She continued demanding.

"I don't know! Okay? I'm mated to her, but I don't know or understand her like everyone else, because I was too busy with you. The only reason I ever paid you any attention was because of how intoxicating your blood was, and it's hard for me to forget." Edward snapped.

There was a minute of silence throughout the house, as everyone was listening in. That minute felt like ten. "Can you leave now?" Edward said, it sounded more like a demand than a question.

"Just choose me Edward, you know it's right. Yeah, that's why you started talking to me, but we have chemistry that has been built upon over time, you can't just erase it." Bella pleaded.

Florence only got incredibly fed up of Bella's whining and attempts to boss people around. So, she walked upstairs, making a headline towards Edward's room.

Florence grabbed the back of Bella's neck, she walked her through the house, past everyone towards the front door. "Act like a bitch, get treated like one. Go obsess over your dog." Florence spat, throwing her out the door and shutting it after her.

Florence walked back towards the sofa and flopped back onto the comfortable fabric as if nothing ever happened. But, by her luck, Bella had to come back for more.

Edward had joined everyone, finding Florence's unravelling anger entertaining.

"I swear to God, I'll give you five seconds to leave." Florence stood up, she was beyond the anger she could control right now.

"What are you going to do? I'm his girlfriend." Bella scrunched her face. And Florence lost it. She phased and began snarling at the girl. "Edward! Are you gonna help?" Bella screeched.

And she charged - or tried to. Florence got wrestled away by Emmett, and was pinned to the floor. But the girl tried to fight against him and get to the one person who got on all of her nerves. Jasper and Carlisle helped Emmett hold the wolf back. "Are you going to take this as your sign to leave? Like now?" Rosalie raised her voice. Bella just huffed, rolled her eyes and left the house. Florence chased her to the door, ensuring she was gone for good.

~

Enjoy the bella slander xoxo, I don't hate her, ish. I just much prefer her as a vampire, because as a human, she always gave me awkward pick me vibes, as well as always talking/asking to become a vampire like shut up, Rosalie said how she'd rather be left for dead after that instead of becoming a vampire, having a second chance and the revenge.