chapter four

streetcars ~ Daniel Caesar

" I know my destination I'm just not there"

Narrative, Instagram

August 18, 2022

Today I leave for college, it sounds so weird, but frankly  I'm excited which is weird considering I didn't even think about attending college until my junior year. Fortunately, Matt and Alex found an affordable place for the three of us that wasn't too far off campus because we all know how expensive housing is.

Me and mom just got done putting my last suitcase into the back of my car. I know driving up there is fucking insane but it was the most reasonable option.

" the house is going to be so empty," my mom said with tears " your gonna be fine Mami, plus Daniels here" That's her boyfriend of a year. He's a cool dude I like him. " forget him, it's not the same." she said with attitude, but in a funny way.

" Mami you'll be fine I'll visit every break I get" "You better" she replied, just as Matt pulled up in his Uber. " so are we ready to go" he had a backpack and suitcase with him. " hola Matty" my mom called him " hi mama" he replied my mom is literally like both him and Alex second mother which I love.

Thankfully Matt drove to Connecticut a week before us to finalize everything with the house and move some things ahead of time. so most of his things were already over there, including his car so he agreed to halfway drive mine because he knows how much I hate driving, especially alone.

" umm yea" I wipe away my tears which is useless because more and more just kept on coming out. "Okay okay
Go I don't want you driving at night"

"Don't worry mama that's all Matt" I said pulling her into a hug "Te amo" "Te amo mas Mami" we said to each other as we pulled away and I got into the car. "You ready" I looked at him "ready"

"Ohh one more thing mi amor," my mom said tapping on the window causing me to roll down "que mama" "Tell Pagie I said hi and I miss her" "HUH?" ok quick pause

my mom, she always loved Paige. I remember I was so nervous to tell her I had a gf. little did I know she was gonna find out on her own.

How?  She went to one of the games to try & surprise me and may or may not have caught me and Paige making out. embarrassing I know. But being the best mom ever she waited till we got home to tell me what she saw, which is when I told her. She wasn't mad I liked girls heck I think she was even glad I did, but she was mad about it being a secret. Ok unpause

But before she could answer any questions, she quickly turned around and walked toward the house. "I love your mom," he said laughing "She's up to something I can feel it"  " OK Sabrina the teenage witch let's go,"  he said, turning up the music. Then I pulled out, and we were on the road.

24 hours late.....

"I'm never driving that much again," I said pulling up to our house. and before you ask, how the heck did we afford this? basically, my mom made a very generous donation, and let's just say that covered our first year and maybe half of the second on top of that since I do social media & make somewhat of a pretty penny, and so do Matt and Alex.

" bitch you only drove like 9 hours, be so fucking for real" he huffed "Like I said long drive," I said  exaggerating, the G long