END OF THE FOREVER

‘Advait, reach my home before 4 p.m.,’ Rubel says.
‘Why?’ Advait asks.
‘Did you forgot? We are project partners. Sir has  grouped us together.’
‘I won’t come. I’ll convince Sir to change my partner.’
‘Why?’
‘I don’t want to become your Raima. I am fucking happy with my girl.’
‘What do you mean?’
‘C’mon stop pretending innocent, Rubel,’ says another boy.
‘I am really not getting you guys.’
‘We all know that you are dating that senior. What’s his name?’
‘Prithvi,’ reminds another.
‘Yes. We all saw your romantic pictures together at the Princep Ghat.’
‘Such a lovey-dovey couple you both are!’ a girl comments.
Rubel’s eyes fill with tears. He angrily walks out of the classroom. Ritwik  is in the laboratory helping his teacher. Rubel furiously comes and snatches the test-tube from his hand.
‘We need to talk.’
‘Where are you both going? He is helping in arranging things for the  practical now,’ informs the teacher.
‘As if I care,’ Rubel rudely answers.
He holds Ritwik ’s hand and takes him to an isolated corner of the school.
‘You messed up with me?’ asks Rubel.
‘Why? What did I do?’
‘Don’t show your drama here. I know. You showed all the pictures of the Princep Ghat of me and Prithvi.’
‘Noble work!’ Ritwik  smirks.
‘Shut up you bloody asshole! How dare you do this to me? I shared about my sexuality only with you. I didn’t even say anything to Pihu about this. It’s because I trusted you the most.’
‘Me too. But you also broke my trust by spilling to Emma everything. You know she claimed me to be cheap and rejected my proposal. Could you believe? Ritwik  Ganguly has been jilted! And when I learnt the mastermind to be you, then I went ballistic.’
‘You managed to break a ten-year old trust so easily, Ritz. I did everything for your own good. But in return you messed up my fucking image. Thank you so much.’
He angrily walks away. Ritwik  keeps on starring at him with anger in his eyes.
                                        *********
A whole week passed away. But Rubel didn’t showed up for once. Now Ritwik  is guilt stricken.
‘Where is Rubel, Pihu?’ asks Ritwik .
‘Why do you care, Ritz?’ Pihu says, nettled.
‘I am sorry for him. I want to apologize.’
‘Let it be. Kindly don’t make fun of the word SORRY.’
‘Say whatever you want to. But please tell me. Where is Rubel? It is because I saw a big lock before his house yesterday!’
‘Yes, because his parents and he have gone to Guwahati.’
‘Why?’
‘After garnering so much love and respect from his best friend, he decided to make a move out of the city,’ informs Pihu.
‘That means he will never return?’
‘No. He has shifted to a school there. His father will start his business there. So, permanently there.’
‘Oh...I’ll make a call to him.’
‘And you think he’ll answer your call? He’s not even answering my calls. How on earth will he answer your calls?’
Pihu gives an irritating look and begins walking with another girl.
‘Pihu, wait! Listen! You don’t leave me alone.’
‘You deserve this, asshole. Congratulations! Your ego triumphed once again!’ Pihu taunts and walks away.
Ritwik  sits in the middle of the playground and breaks down into tears.