Five

Whether Gavin Reed listened to music or not was a question you weren't about to have an answer to yet; as he drove, the audio system was shut off. You hadn't yet been activated long enough to know how to relax, but relaxing around him wasn't a smart idea yet, anyways.

Much to your surprise, he opened his mouth first. "Besides piss me off, what are you good for?"

His grip on the steering wheel was tighter than it should have been, and the crease between his brows seemed permanent. "Aside from having been built from a detective prototype, I have a full range of other capabilities, Detective. That does include housework and other menial tasks. I will not list everything, as your irritation will not allow you to pay attention."

"Pissing me off seems to top that list."

"I'm sorry, it's not intentional." There was no response, and your eyes darted towards him. "... Detective? One of the larger range of capabilities I was given was formed due to your lifestyle."

Gavin's expression shifted a little, confused. "And what kind of lifestyle do I have, pray tell?"

"A stressful one. The smoking, the caffeine addiction, your demeanor being prone to fright..." Looking over, you were met with his nasty glare again. "Because I was designed for you, I am able to help you destress in numerous ways."

"Good. Cause if I'm stuck with you, I'm gonna be pissed off 24/7."

◇___#$&!___◇

Following Reed to his front door, you planned to take note of the house's dimensions, the layout, and everything within. You could learn about the detective through his home, without having to bother or anger him.

[Why does he hate androids...?]

Tossing his keys and wallet onto a small table in the front hall, Gavin stood in front of the control panel, adjusting a few things before his AC kicked on. It was nearing the end of June, and the humidity was starting to ramp up. Not that you felt any of it. He almost walked away, but sighed and caught sight of you examining the painting on his wall. "Get your rusty tits over here. Connect to the fucking panel and don't screw around with the settings. Got it?"

"Yes, Detective Reed," came your immediate reply, approaching and laying a hand on the control panel. The skin on your hand vanished, leaving the white android shell in its place.

Your eyes closed, LED like the sun as you were given access to his home, granted permissions, and a wider knowledge of the sort of human he was. Even now, since he'd turned his air conditioning on, you knew he didn't like the heat. Or maybe the extreme humidity.

When you opened your eyes again, pulling your hand away from the panel, you offered the male a smile. "Thank you, Detective."

Gavin said nothing, turning and walking away, leaving you in his front hallway. For a moment you remained where you were, but understood that staying idle would look poorly on you. So you followed him down the hall, finding the human flop onto his couch, phone in hand, already messaging. "Instead of standing there like an idiot, how about you actually do something useful? Is there some kinda program in that trash pile that knows how to make food, or what?"

With another slight smile you removed the high-collar jacket, folding it neatly over a dining chair before approaching him again, hands behind your back. "I am perfectly capable of preparing food, Detective. Is there anything in particular you'd like?"

Reed was already back on his phone. "I don't know."

"Very well... do you have any allergies I should be aware of?"

"Maybe."

This was intentional. "...... what about things you dislike?"

"You."