Thirteen

(Not sure if it's needed but I'll leave a Trigger Warning for abuse just in case.)

[When these seven days are finished, the probability of me being transferred to Elijah Kamski's care is 99%. He will most certainly change my primary directive.]

You were silent, cleaning the human's bedroom, with a mildly impressed realization that he kept it fairly acceptable on his own. Considering his desk at work, this was a lovely contrast.

[... I do not want to go.]

Freezing in place, indicator a bright red, your fuel pump regulator suddenly worked overtime, beating rapidly. You weren't sure which was more concerning: the idea that you would be removed before ever being told you were wanted there, or the sheer knowledge that you suddenly wanted something in the first place. There was no room for wanting in your programming.

^ ^ ^ [SoFtwARe inStABiLitY] ^ ^ ^

This, this problem, these issues, they continued to pop up. The instability was increasing more and more, and you feared the consequences if it reached 100%.

Still standing in the same spot, your hands clutched your head, seeking any sort of guidance on how to regain your stability. You weren't ready for the unknown, but you had no way of knowing how to counter this.

[There is nothing in my system to stop this....]

"Detective...!!!"

The single word came out louder and more desperate than intended, but perhaps that was by design. If Reed was your only mission, then calling for him while under duress would have to be done in a way to catch his attention.

Surprisingly, it did: the male came running, bumping into the doorway and cursing loudly but reaching you in record time. You still had not left that spot, gripping your head in what he could only describe as agony. "H-hey, hey, what's wrong? What is it? C-come on, talk to me, I'm right here. What happened?" His own heart was racing, and though he hesitated, Reed lifted his hands to gently pry yours away from your head. "... talk to me. I'm right here, what can I do?"

Where was this behavior earlier, in the interrogation room? Or the Eden Club?

Or at all?

There were awful lines of despair etched into your face, and they hurt to see. "I am sorry, sir... I didn't intend to call for you so loudly," you explained.

Frowning, Gavin brushed it off. "Don't worry about that. Now talk to me."

He wasn't as literate with androids or with computers as a whole, but he seemed to know enough. "...... I believe I am experiencing instability," came your answer, soft but steady.

"Instability how? Do I gotta send you off to get you fixed or something?"

^ ^ ^ [SoFtwARe iNStABilITY] ^ ^ ^

It was spoken almost as though he would send you to get patched up, then promptly returned. "I receive notifications about software instability occasionally. There is nothing in my database that answers my questions on this matter, and I fear the results if my software is completely unstable."

Perhaps you were wrong about Gavin Reed: his lovely eyes narrowed, though not in a negative way aimed at you specifically. The gears were turning in his head; he had a hunch, and as a detective, he ran with it. "So these notifications. What happens to make them appear?"

Your eyes closed, pulling data together. "I receive them when I am in a situation that involves you, whether directly or indirectly."

"Like what? Give me an example."