Chapter 1

Night had fallen and a black-haired woman lay in the hospital writhing in pain. The woman was accompanied by her husband, who held her hand tightly in his.

The woman's screams echoed in the hospital room while the doctor encouraged her. Soon she would have made it and given birth to a healthy child.

The black-haired woman kept crying out and pushing as hard as she could. Her exhaustion was clear to see. Sweat trickled down her forehead and her body heated up anew each time. She realized that she would soon be unable to do any more. Nevertheless, she was looking forward to holding her child in her arms soon. Her husband was a great support throughout this time.

At another order from the doctor, the woman pushed and immediately felt a small weight fall from her shoulders. The pain became less and less as the child slowly but surely came out of her.

Suddenly the black-haired woman felt no more pain at all and exhaled with relief. The cries that rang out, however, made her heart beat faster. She had made it and now her little girl, whom she had been looking forward to for months, had been born.

The doctor smiled and congratulated the new parents and placed the little bundle in the mother's arms. Despite her tiredness and exhaustion, the mother smiled at her baby, who calmed down immediately. The little girl could hear her mother's heartbeat, which she had been able to hear in her womb for months. A soothing warmth enveloped the girl, who was making soft noises.

The hand she felt on her cheek gave her a feeling of security. She recognized the voices around the girl. A male and a female voice, which she could often hear. But the girl realized that one voice was missing. A young voice that she could hear from time to time. A voice that told her that he would be happy to meet his sister.

For this reason, the girl tried to open her eyes. It was exhausting for her, but she tried again and again. She could quietly hear her mother's voice encouraging her. "You can do it." were the words that the little girl could hear.

With this motivation, the little girl did her best and slowly but surely opened her eyes. Although she was an infant, the girl quickly realized that there was something strange about her. Her eyes were open and yet she saw many things blurred.

She saw slightly greyish dots and shadows and recognized two people looking down at her. "What's wrong with her eyes?" the woman asked in a panic and looked at the medic, who was quickly with her. The girl immediately recognized a new shadow in front of her eyes and did not know that it was a hand. A brief light appeared around the shadows, coming from the glowing hand. The medic examined the girl's eyes as best she could.

The moon, which was rising in the sky at the time, didn't exactly make the shadows any better. "What is it now?" asked a stern voice, which must have come from her father.

No more voices were heard for a long time and the girl looked around as best she could. The outlines were different depending on movement and position. Sometimes she couldn't recognize a face, but every now and then she could see a beautiful female face. This must be her mother, as beautiful as she looked.

"I have to tell you that your daughter has gone blind." the doctor said, causing the man to raise his voice. "What, you're telling me that an Uchiha should be blind?!" the voice roared. The man was furious and clenched his hands into fists. Unfortunately, the medic could only lower her gaze. She didn't know what she could do about this. No one knew how to heal eyes without being able to take a person's sight completely. She didn't want to risk anything, especially not if it was an Uchiha.

"Maybe one day she'll be able to see more. But that is unfortunately uncertain. Your daughter will probably have to learn how to see without eyes." the doctor spoke gently. Chakra was certainly the best way to help her. But this was a long way for the girl to go.

"I still think our girl is perfect." the mother smiled. "Even if she can barely see, I believe that she will have a good life." she added and stroked her warm little cheek again. "I'm sure she'll be a real ray of sunshine."

The man looked at his wife and calmed down a little. She was right, after all, his daughter was perfectly healthy except for her eyes. "You're right." he replied to his wife and looked down at his daughter. Her slightly black-grey eyes glanced around and he realized that his daughter was trying to take in everything around her.

"I think Hinari suits her best, don't you agree?" The black-haired man looked at his wife and had to smile. "Hinari Uchiha, then."