Chapter 74

Shortly after Hinari walked through the village again with Shikamaru, several shinobi ran around wildly. The couple wondered what exactly was going on and could only hear it being said that Tsunade had woken up again and that Kakashi didn't have to take over the Hokageamt after all. A smile graced Hinari's face when she heard about it. However, the smile faded when she realized that there was so much going on because of the war. It probably wouldn't be long before it started.

Just as Hinari had imagined, it wasn't long before Tsunade had to go to a Kage meeting. Unfortunately, she had to go to the Lightning Realm because the Raikage wanted her to. The Uchiha wondered what would happen now. Would everyone work together without any problems or would the Kage not agree?

Days passed while Hinari thought about the war and Naruto. Even though Sasuke was also an issue for her, Naruto was unfortunately the more important person. Madara Uchiha was not allowed to get her hands on the Kyuubi, which was why Tsunade had called a meeting. Shikamaru was also called to this meeting, as his father had wanted him to. After all, he would take over the clan one day. The Uchiha did not know why Ino and Choji were not allowed to attend. Just as she was about to help Sakura with the medicine supplies, as Naruto was going on a mission with Yamato, Guy and another jonin, an Anbu came running up. "Hinari Uchiha, they're waiting for you in the assembly."

Confused, Hinari looked at the Anbu and then at Sakura, who shrugged her shoulders. Without further inquiry, she followed the masked man until he stopped in front of the door so she could enter. Although Hinari had many manners, she opened the door and was looked at by several people. Some were more pleased than others and Hinari turned directly to Tsunade. "Why am I here?" she inquired. "Well, all the clan leaders who belong to Konoha are gathered here. Except for the Sarutobi clan, since Konohamaru is still too young. Since you are the only Uchiha here in the village, such a meeting also applies to you." Tsunade explained and asked Hinari to sit down.

Somewhat surprised, Hinari sat down next to Shikamaru, who gave her a seat, which made her very happy. His presence calmed her down a little, as she would certainly be a little overwhelmed. "Naruto was taken away from Konoha a few hours ago." Tsunade began to explain.

"He is being made to believe that he is on an important S-mission and will wait on a hidden island until the war is over." The Senju continued talking until she had explained everything about Naruto, making Hinari laugh a little. Her laughter echoed in the room, causing several people to look at her. Tsunade also looked at the Uchiha. "What's so funny about that?" she asked immediately. "The idea that Naruto is staying out of it. You should know that if he finds out we're fighting without him, he'll leave this island immediately. He wouldn't let his friends fight alone and he wouldn't let them die."

When Tsunade thought about it like that, it sounded really absurd. However, Hinari was right. Naruto will eventually join them without her being able to do anything. "I'm aware of that, Hinari. However, I want him to stay away from the war as long as possible."

Those present nodded and opened the discussion on how to proceed. Hinari and Shikamaru remained very calm. They had never been to a meeting like this before and listened to all the objections. It was clear that nobody knew exactly how to plan everything, which is why Shikaku took the floor. "For this reason, I have taken it upon myself to come up with a plan. I have already discussed it with the other Kage, who have given me a list of all the shinobi. It won't be easy, but to be prepared for everything, there will be several divisions."

Shikamaru looked at his father in amazement. What, he was going to plan everything and set up several strategies? Even though he knew his father, this would be a challenge even for him. "However, I must confess to you that I have already started."

Tsunade narrowed her eyes slightly and nodded gratefully at the Nara. She was glad that he was already prepared and would organize everything. Shikaku briefly ruffled his feathers and picked up a piece of paper on which he had written everything down. "Division 1 is the middle-distance fight. It will be led by Darui from Kumogakure. Division 2 forms the close combat with Kitsuchi from Iwagakure. Division 3 will be a mixture of close combat and mid-range combat, which will be led by Kakashi Hatake." Kakashi nodded in understanding when he heard this. He knew how important it was and had no objections.

"Division 4 ranged combat, which Gaara the Kazekage will take over. I will also appoint Shikamaru as deputy." Shikamaru's eyes widened briefly. What, his father wanted him to help with Gaara? Hinari squeezed his hand reassuringly and smiled slightly. This was his chance to prove himself as well.

"Division 5, the special commando will take over Mifune with his swordsmen. Then there will be isolated groups, which will be disbanded in an emergency if one of the divisions needs help." Shikaku explained before taking a short break. "The attack unit will be led by Kankuro, which consists of a small group. Then there will be a medical unit, which Shizune will lead, to accommodate the injured. The information unit led by Inoichi Yamanaka will provide information about the war with the sensor unit led by Ao. Finally, there is the protection unit, which is led by Mei Terumij, the Mizukage, to protect the soldier lords from all five villages." Shikaku finished the division and looked around.

"Every shinobi is placed in one of the divisions or special units. It doesn't matter which village you come from. Our aim is to place every elemental chakra in every division to support each other. I'm aware that the close combatants don't have any special jutsus, but shinobi are also placed there to back them up."

Tsunade had overheard everything. She would be at the base with the other Kage and would only intervene if things got dicey. "Is there already a division among us?" she asked the Nara curiously, who nodded. "Yes, I have. The Hyuga clan and the Inuzuka clan will go to Division 2. I have also divided Sakura Haruno, but to Shizune." The Senju nodded and smiled slightly. Sakura was certainly in the best place there. "I've also already assigned Hinari."

The girl looked up at the Nara, who lifted the corners of his mouth briefly. "Actually, that was more of a request from the Kazekagen." he said, noticing how curious Hinari was. "You will form the attack unit with Kankuro and advance on the enemy as best you can."