Chapter 90

"I was always jealous of you." Sasuke said as they looked at the two small children. "At me? Why?" Naruto asked in shock. "Because you...just never gave up, no matter what people called you. You always had a smile on your face, even though you had nothing to smile about."

Naruto looked at his best friend and laughed slightly. "Oh man, I'm the one who was jealous of you." Sasuke looked questioningly at the yellow-haired man. "Well, you always had a family, a clan, which I never had. You've always been strong and I admired that. The first time you won against me in battle, I saw something in your eyes. Sadness and loneliness, which I knew myself."

Sasuke swallowed slightly and looked at the children, who couldn't stand each other at all, ignored each other and thought they were better. It was hard to believe that they had the same feelings. "Actually, you weren't lonely." Naruto said and sat down on the swing hanging from the tree. "You had Hinari and yet you had this feeling in your eyes." The Uchiha lowered his head. Yes, Hinari.

"What is there to talk about me?" a female voice asked. "Hinari?" Sasuke asked and looked at his best friend, who laughed. "Oh man, you really fought each other. You're both idiots."

"Youuuuu!" scolded Naruto, who had stood up and laughed again. "You're funny friends, huh?" Hinari said after she had calmed down. "What are you doing here?" Sasuke asked a little sadly and felt a tap on his forehead. "Just checking to see if you're still alive." the Uchiha grinned and held out her hands.

The best friends looked questioningly at the black-haired girl, who laughed again. "I still have a task to fulfill." "Which one?" Naruto asked curiously, looking at her hand.

"Nah, I wonder what? To take you back to Konoha with me." Hinari grinned and looked at him with wide eyes. "Nah, come on now. Sakura's already healing you, so get your butt moving!" she laughed.

Without realizing it, Sasuke started to cry. Did that mean that Hinari was still alive? Had he not lost her after all and he could smell that sweet cherry scent again? "Well, why are you crying?" asked Hinari. "I...I thought that you..." "Actually, yes, but that old Hagoromo gave me the choice. Do you really think I'm going to leave you alone? You know I want peace and to go the way of Shisui and Itachi."

Naruto began to grin and held out his hand first. "I figured you wouldn't give up!" "I had a good role model there." Hinari smirked and looked at Sasuke. "Nah, come on. Let's go home."

Slowly, Sasuke reached out to Hinari and felt a slight pressure before the image around him faded. Yes, home...

"You're idiots!" yelled Sakura as she healed her comrades' arms and they opened their eyes. "I...I'm sorry...", Sasuke began and was immediately interrupted by the Haruno. "Shut up!" she breathed and continued to concentrate. Sasuke looked at the pink-haired girl in slight surprise. Why had he kept pushing her back if she really loved him?

When Sakura managed to stop the bleeding, she wiped her brow and smiled. "Let's go home.", Sakura smiled, but the friends still had things to do before they would go back. Slowly, they stood up, put their hands together and formed the disintegration jutsu to make the moon eye disappear completely. And right at that moment, the Shinobi Alliance could only watch as the reddish color disappeared and the full moon shone again in a bright light.

And it was precisely under this moon, under which Hinari was born, that her eyelids moved and slowly opened. "Hinari..." Shikamaru breathed with relief, taking her hand even more firmly in his.