Chapter 54

Hinari heard what Sakura said and ran a little closer. Her eyes looked directly into those of Sasuke, who scrutinized her closely. "Sasuke!" the Uchiha exclaimed happily and smiled. It really was him, he really was here. His eyes fixed on his best friend and he had to pull himself together not to go to her. He couldn't let his old emotions get the better of him now.

"Sasuke!" shouted Naruto, who came running. Sasuke looked down at the team, which apparently had two new members. "Where's Kakashi?" he asked, slightly amused. "Not here at the moment." Hinari grinned and Sasuke felt a warmth in his heart that he had missed.

"We're here to take you home!" Naruto shouted and received a cold look. "I'm not coming back." Naruto clenched his hands into fists. Sasuke was confused, he was sure of it. He kept talking about bringing him to Konoha. How much he meant to everyone and that he didn't want to leave his best friend to Orochimaru. But Sasuke wouldn't listen. He had a goal, which he would soon have achieved, and talked about how the bond between brothers was stronger than the bond with Naruto. Hinari couldn't listen to this any longer and took a few steps forward.

"Sasuke, please! Come back to Konoha. Back to me..." Hinari begged, growing quieter and quieter. She had not been able to hold back her tears. The Uchiha looked at Hinari gently for a moment. It hurt him that she was suffering so much. But he had to carry out his plan, otherwise it would all have been for nothing.

"I'm not coming back, Hinari." he said before jumping down to them and putting an arm on Naruto's shoulder. As quickly as Yamato could react, he flung Sasuke away from the Uzumaki. But this only made him laugh before he attacked him. Even Sakura had now joined in and tried to strike, which didn't work. Sasuke was so quick that he positioned himself behind her and tried to strike himself. But he hadn't reckoned with Hinari, who had simply placed herself between them.

Just before her face, Sasuke stopped and looked into her eyes, which showed so much emotion that he had never seen before. The longer he stared at her eyes, he noticed that the gray spots had disappeared. What had happened to her? What was wrong with her eyes? What had Konoha done to her?!

Hinari recognized his angry look and opened her mouth. But she couldn't say anything so quickly, as Sasuke pulled her close, pointed his katana at the others and activated his Sharingan. "What did Konoha do to her!?" he shouted angrily and received an irritated look. "What do you mean?" Sakura asked, trying not to look into his eyes. "What about her eyes!?"

Hinari widened her eyes before looking up at him. He really thought they had done something to her? "Sasuke, we have nothing..." Naruto began. "Don't lie!" Sasuke gripped Hinari's clothes harder. He had to pull himself together to keep from tearing his team to pieces. Hinari gently placed her hand on his chest to somehow calm him down. "You didn't hurt me." , she breathed and was met with his red eyes. "Grandma Tsunade she..she gave me a sight. Sasuke, I can see."

His eyes widened before he looked at her eyes again. They were exactly the same, only the gray spots were no longer there. Could it really be that this Tsunade could help her? Smiling, Hinari looked at her best friend and disengaged slightly. "For almost two years. I couldn't tell you because you're not in Konoha. Isn't that great?" beamed Hinari and Sasuke saw her eyes sparkle. He had never seen anything like it in her eyes before. It was nice that she could be a real kunoichi now. "Oh and I'm a chunin!"

Team 7 looked at Hinari a little bewildered. She spoke to Sasuke as if he had never been away. But somehow they realized that emotions were building up in him. He cared about Hinari. Even though it was nice that Hinari was so radiant, Sasuke couldn't give in. He had to get out of here before they really brought him back.

He placed his hand on Hinari's head, causing her eyes to widen briefly and making her smile. He gently tousled her hair so as not to ruin her hairstyle and finally jumped out of the crater again. He looked down at his team again before raising his arm to present his latest jutsu. But it didn't come to that, because Orochimaru had grabbed his wrist. "Hey, what are you doing?" the Uchiha grumbled slightly. "We should go."

Orochimaru did not have to say this twice. A few moments later, they began to dissolve into a red flame. "Sasuke!" shouted Hinari, looking him in the eye. "I'm sorry, Hinari." he whispered softly before he too disappeared.