Ch. 26 - "My Feelings Might Go Numb."

Quote: PRIDE. by Kendrick Lamar

Wake up babes, I posted 😍  (I am so sorry for not posting often enough 😭)

I hope y'all enjoy the chapter, even if it's just a dry ass setup chap for future events 😭

Feeling like an asshole today, so Imma just reveal that the quote is foreshadowing and not tell you what it's foreshadowing ☺️

______________________________________________

I sat at my counter, watching as the street lamps turned off while the sun slowly rose every minute. Clouds covered the blue, almost green sky here and there, and the stars were slowly fading as it got brighter. An empty cup and a stack of books stood still on the counter in front of me as I blankly gazed out the window.

The books were the manga that I brought with me, specifically, Jujutsu Kaisen. My phone also laid on the counter, paused on the most recent episode. It has been awhile since I watched it, due to me literally being in it.

I spent the night practically studying almost every main character down to every word, action, expression, etcetera. I had a sudden hunger for knowledge, wanting to know what made them tick, what their ideologies were. That was the only way I could keep my brain fresh, and that was the only way to get myself back on track.

I was seriously straying from my reason for being here, but at the same time, this brought me to a pause. 'What is my main goal, really?'  The further I involve myself, the more I lose sight of what I am trying to gain.

Not only that, I was still considering Gojo's request despite the fact that I already agreed. There were many questions that piled up before me the further I got to the current events.

The further I got to Shibuya.

However, this is also the time I needed to cement the facts in.

Gojo is very wary of me, even though he doesn't act like it. The fact that he kept note of my words, actions, and even went out of his way to investigate my whereabouts is proof of such. Whether I am a threat to him is not an issue, it's the fact that I could possibly fuck up his plans because of my bullshit speech early on about my goal of destroying jujutsu society to create a safer society for people and sorcerers alike. 

I completely made that up on the spot and stuck with it, simply because it was conveniently unhinged enough for them. However, I forget that these people might take my words with some form of seriousness. That's beside the point.

It seems that he does not hold animosity towards Toji as far as I can tell. In fact, I could dare say that the dislike Gojo displays is just an act. Based on the future events in the manga, he might hold a form of respect for Toji, because Toji is the reason Gojo is who he is as of this moment.

However, I can only take these ideas and hypotheses of mine with a grain of salt.

Next off, Toji.

I cannot tell if I regret giving him a second chance in the first place. Yes, he could be of great help during Shibuya and onward, however, his existence alone is a threat to everything that I know now. 'Who would that old lady summon instead of Toji? Do they know that Toji is still alive? Would he still fight Dagon as he did when he possessed that body? Would he even fight Dagon in the first place?'

My eyes widened a bit in realization as I broke out of my trance, my eyes drifting to the manga in front of me. 'Wait, does Mechamaru know of Toji? He shouldn't, right?'

"What's got you thinking so hard?"

I flinched at the voice that sounded behind me, turning around quickly to face Toji. 'Speak of the devil.'