𝟶𝟷𝟹 | 𝚁𝚒𝚜𝚔

A/N: How did we get to 9000+ reads so fast? I swear it was just 500 yesterday! Also, i'm glad that lots of you like my story. I didn't expect to get this far with it, but now I see that's not the case! Thanks for reading. <3

———————————————————

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

"[Name], how much longer until we reach your village? My legs are starting to get tired." Oden complained with a straight face, that didn't match his words.

Uh, I could've sworn he was more mature when I watched the anime? Is he revealing his true persona, or do I just have bad memory..

"Oden, we both aren't using our legs." Roger informed him, and Oden seemed surprised when he looked down to check, and Roger was right. They were floating.

"Oh, I was wondering, are ghosts like, always tired? You know, since right before you die most of the time you're exhausted? Does that exhaustion linger?.. Or.." I asked.

..They both wouldn't stop staring me dead in the eye after I asked that.

Did I say something wrong to offend the dead?..

Oden cleared his throat. "..We would prefer not to be reminded of our deaths, honestly, but uh, yes, but no? It's complicated." He answered, and I sweat-dropped.

Oops.

...

How did it become awkward when both of these men were naturally loud? Weird.

Well, someone needs to speak because i'm not really good at starting conversations when it's this silent..

"[NAME]!" A high pitched voice shouted.

Wait, wasn't that Kid? Oh, thank god, someone who can start a conversation properly without even trying!

..Um, why is she all the way in the middle of the woods though.

"Kid?! What are you doing out here alone? Especially because it's getting dark out.." I worried, watching as the little girl ran over to me.

She finally reached me and latched onto my leg, having no intentions of letting go. "I was so scared! You were gone for so long! I snuck away while mommy wasn't watching to come and find you.." She pouted, her eyes looking watery.

Sighing, I leaned down and wiped her eyes to dry them off. "Well, you don't have to worry anymore, I'm okay!" I assured her, and she just sniffled in response, getting off my leg to hug me properly.

Roger and Oden awed at the sight, the past silence clearly gone. Thank goodness for my little sister..

"This is [Name]'s little sister? How adorable! I wish I had a younger sibling.." Roger rubbed away fake tears using his arm.