2

Beams of light caressed your face making it scrunch. You felt something tug on the cuff of your blouse but you turn over, ignoring it while your face relaxed as you moved away from the low morning sun.

You could hear light footsteps scurrying around you until all of a sudden something pounces on top of you, making you gasp a little.

Your eyes flutter open to be met with a white furry dog. It's collar dangled in front of your eyes, the words 'Scratch' engraved on it. It panted and whined as you sat up.

"Where did you come from?" You pet the white Labrador and it tugs on your clothes even more.

You looked around to see Gale and Shadowheart with two others in a tent around the corner. You pick yourself up on your feet and began to make your way towards them. They all looked a little anxious and just then, Scratch barks and spins on the spot to get your attention.

You tilt your head in confusion as the dog kept barking with every foot it stepped away from you. Realisation hits and you begin following the dog down a steep rubble path.

Through twists and turns you begin to hear faint grunts and mumbles. Strange, you peek from the side of a tree to see the dog run towards a man, dragging himself while pressing his palm over his hip.

You quickly make your way over and he looks up to the sound of your footsteps.

His eyes were a deep red and his hair was as white as the dogs fur. His skin just as pale as your blouse.

"Are you okay?" You say, grasping the mans shoulders in effort to keep him up right and from falling.

His chest heaved upwards and down as his free hand went to hold onto your arm.

"I-i'm quite alright, thank you" he breaths out. He was a little taller than you, enough for him to be slouched over your body.

You look down to his hip to see the life oozing out between his fingers.

You ignore his words and take his free arm and wrap it around your shoulder, slowly beginning to walk back to the camp as Scratch lead in front.

"Did that stupid dog send you" he scowls.

"If it wasn't for him, lord knows what would've happened to you" you spoke back, almost out of annoyance.

The man began to laugh under his breathe, before going into a small coughing fit. You stopped as he hunched over himself for a second.

"What. Quick let's get a move on" he rolled his eyes and you carried on pulling him up the steep hill.

Getting into the camp, you see Shadowheart and Gale run towards you with the two others.

"Gods Y/N where did you-" Shadowheart begins before seeing the wounded man hung over you.

"There you are! Was beginning to think they killed you"

A women with yellow skin and black streaks painted all over her yelled. In all honesty, she looked disappointed.

"I was perfectly capable of making my own way" the man next you huffed as you set him down on the chair in one of the propped up tents.

He moved his palm away from his hip, revealing a concerning deep stab wound.

Gale rushed over to him with a bottle of alcohol, cloth and a sewing needle.

As the others helped patch him up, someone walked up to you, placing their hand on your shoulder.

"Thank you for helping him," he smiled and you look over to him, "my names Wyll, and that's La'zel," he pointed out.

"I'm Y/N" you smiled up at him.

"Yes, Gale amd Shadowheart told us about you, said they found on the edge of a lake?"

You nod slowly as you looked down and quickly back up again at the loud grunts being made over at the tent.

"Ah yes, and that's Astarion," Wyll sighed, "if he threatens you at any point, don't take it personally"

~~~~~~~~~~

As the sun began to set again for another night, you sat by the warm lit fire.

Your eyes fluttered and darted over the huge flames. You go over to one piece of bark with the orange and yellow flames on it and point your finger out to touch it.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you"

A familiar voice ringed, only this time it was much calmer and approachable.

Your hand returns back onto your lap as you gazed over your shoulder. Glaring over to Astarion who came walking over to you, his wound stitched and bandaged.

A smug look smeared over his face as he watched your eyes travel around his topless body.

He claimed all his clothes irritated the injury, but you could clearly tell he was only doing it to show of how ripped he was to the new comer. You.

You kept your eyes on Astarion as he came to sit beside you, groaning as he lowered himself onto the ground.

His red eyes looked a lot lighter than before, but it may or may not have something to do with the lighting.

"Astarion" he told you, smirking.

"Y/N" you spoke back.

He could tell you where feeling a little shy, and so he took advantage.

"I don't think I properly thanked you, Y/N"

"It's quite alright" you muttered back, looking down at your hands.

"You know, I have one other, slight request. If it isn't to much ask from you dear"

He talked with a slight rasp. His eyes gaped your neck and you could feel it.

You turn your head swiftly, awaiting his request.

"You see, I have this condition. For almost 200 years, I've been needing to thrive off of blood"

Your head tilts in curiosity, until your eyes widen at the apprehension.

"I was meant to go hunting tonight to feed my cravings, but due to the situation I'm in, it's been difficult" he pauses "may I feed on you tonight? My darling"

You gulp at his request. Your mouth opens slightly, unsure if you should comply.

"Oh come on, it'll only be a taste"

Astarions voice is alluring, almost as much as yours is at its full potential, but you don't know if you could trust this man and how much blood he'll draw out.

Before you could say anything, Gale slips into the conversation.

"Astarion, you wouldn't be bothering Y/N at all, would you?"

"Why of course not! I was only just getting to know her" he insisted, a sudden wave of vex washing over him.

You smiled up at Gale as he sat down on his bedroll across from you. He gave you one in return as if he knew what was really going on.

You hear Astarion scoff under his breathe as he moved to lay down on his back, one leg laying flat on the ground and the other propped up. He lifted his head to place his arm under it and his other just lay upon his stitches.

"The others?" You asked.

"They'll join us later, La'zels having one of her moments" Gale responded, as if it was a regular occurrence.

——————————

1207 words