12

It had been a blissful past few days.

Of course, you wanted to wait until the next day to tell everyone about you and Astarions relationship but he jumped at the chance right after you two shared such a passionate moment. It was like he was rubbing it into everyone's faces, showing you off, especially to the ones who have been teasing him for a while. He would tell them about the amazing moments you two shared together and how you were the best thing that has ever happened to him.

You watched as the looks on their faces turned as they realised Astarion was finally happy. He had finally gotten what he deserved, love and companionship.

~~~~~~~~~~

The air  had a cold breeze to it. The sun had set and the stars were brighter than ever as you were sat on the ground, feet dipped into the same old lake you sat by ever since that day.

You wrapped your arms around yourself, humming and rocking back and forth as you looked up at the moonlit sky.

You were merely enjoying the serene beauty of nature when suddenly you realise that the water is being drawn back from your feet. You gasp, standing up and stepping away from the lake.

The water in front of you begins to swirl and gold beams of light begin to emerge from underneath the waters. Suddenly, a women emerges from its depths. She had beautiful blue-green scaled skin and long fins instead of legs. Her hair flowed in the air as if it were still in water and her skin glistened with silver under the moonlight.

She was a Siren.

Not any Siren, but the sea-nymph Goddess, Seraphina.

She carried bleeding scars and deep wounds, crimson trickling out from her insides. Yet, she held evident victory in her eyes. Despite her fierce appearance, she held a calming presence that made you feel safe and protected.

"Welcome back, child of the sea," the siren lulled, her voice as gentle as the lapping of the water against the shore, "I have fought long and hard for our kind to be free, roam our homelands without fear."

You were frozen in awe, this was the last thing you had expected to happen to you, ever. Seraphina's voice almost put you into a trance.

"You-you mean, I am welcome back into my home? Will they now accept me, just as they did before..." your voice held doubt. You had always been insecure about your place in the world. Being banished from the sea by the merfolk only ever made you feel more isolated from your own kind, but you knew you were finally happy, looking up at camp in the distance as the smoke from the campfire filled the sky, you were finally surrounded by people that accepted you.

Because of all this, you had mixed feelings. You were happy to have a place to call home again but you were still afraid at how the merfolk will react upon your return.

Seraphina seemed to sense your uneasiness before hand.

"Do not worry child, they will accept you with open arms. You are not the same creature you were when you left them. You have grown and learned since then."

You slowly nodded along, your nerves being calmed.

You gaze up at camp, and back at the water. You aren't ready, not ready to leave behind all the amazing memories you had made the past couple of weeks, all the places, people, Astarion.

You shook your head and looked up at the Goddess.

But before you could speak, you noticed she was also glaring up at the camps light.

"You have made yourself a new life, a new family. Return to the sea when you feel it is right, I hope to see you again very soon, my child"

And in an instant, she was gone. The sea hand swirled up and engulfed her, the gold beams of light, gone.

You were surrounded in sudden silence.

Peering at your feet, they were now fully submerged in water and you quickly hop out, letting out a small yelp but soon realising the fish did not care for your flesh anymore. You carefully crept into the water, lifting up your silk dress with your fingers until you were knee deep into the lake.

You let out a deep sigh, as if you were holding your breath for eons and you could now let it all out. Your skin flourished in the salt water and you couldn't help but let tears flow from your eyes, seeping down from your cheeks and causing ripples in the water as they dropped from your chin.

"Y/N?"

You spun around to see Astarion, holding a fire lit torch in his hand.

"Astarion!" You leaped out of the water and ran into his embrace, "you won't believe it! I'm free, I can go home now!"

Astarions face was full of thousands of emotions but in all looked worried.

You cupped his face in your hands and he places his own hand on top of yours.

"You're- you're leaving..." his voice was low and soft, but ached.

You frantically shook your head. "No, no Astarion I could never leave you"

His head hung in your palms and you pulled his head down to the nape of your neck, tightly squeezing him in reassurance and he hugged back even tighter with his free arm.

"I can't fathom the idea of my life without you in it" he confessed.

"Oh Astarion" you breathed.

You gave him a soft kiss on the cheek as he lifted his head from your shoulder, "it's late, we should get ready for bed" you lulled and he softly nodded with sleepy eyes.

——————————

{A/N}
I have been gone for WAY too long and I feel so bad. College got to me and it still kinda is, but I needed to get my mind off of it so I came back to write more chapters because we can all agree it's mine AND your therapy.

In that time I have also decided to get ready for putting out another story. If you're big fans of Marvel, specifically Loki, then please make sure you have a go at reading it when I release chapters! ;)

Again, I am so so sorry for being gone for so long and I also want to say a HUGE thanks to all of you, this story has really grown while I've been off and I am more than grateful <3

I LOVE YOU GUYS SM MWAH MWAH

Flowers for all my readers EEEEE 💕

Oh shit yeah and I also updated the coverrrrr. I love it so much more now!