9

Lae'zel and Shadowheart have been dancing around the fire all the way back from the party. They hummed songs and part of lyrics which were slurred as they jumped and skipped, hooking arms with one another and spinning in circles. Lae'zel tried walking away but Shadowheart kept pulling her back.

You watched and giggled seeing the annoyance on Lae'zels face only keep growing before Gale interjected.

"Has anyone seen Astarion? He left his dagger on my bedroll and I almost sat on the damn thing" Gale said, holding the dagger which had evidently been used, covered in specks of dried blood.

You shake your head, he told you he would come back soon, went out to feast upon his cravings, but it's been an awfully long time.

"Gods he wasn't so sober either, I should've gone with him" you panic, standing up and grabbing a near lantern, glowing with a lit candle.

You tried to pursued Astarion it was too late to go hunting and considering his condition tonight, he'd be quite vulnerable.

Your footsteps are heavy as you descended down the hill where Astarion had gone down from. The lantern swings in front of you has you switched it from hand to hand, peering from behind trees and bushes.

You stared at the ground as you carefully treaded through gravely paths. You come to halt as you notice small drops of blood on the floor. You heart begins to race and your head jolts up and you look straight into the darkness in front of you.

"Astarion?!" You called, hands cupping the corner of your mouth, "shit, Astarion?!"

You moved forward, your heart practically leaping out of your chest until you hear familiar groans coming from right next to you.

Swinging your lantern in front of you, the light reveals Astarion, crouched on the floor, trying to pick himself up as he had his back turned.

"Ghastly thing, argh-" he holding his upper arm and hisses through his teeth. He turns around, slowly, as a look of embarrassment washes over him.

"Gods you always mange to do this huh" you hover to him, setting the lantern on the ground as you took his arm. He grunted as you pulled the tissue of his skin apart to inspect the wound. It was as if something had scratched him, something big.

"What in the nine hells..." you muttered, "what did this to you?"

"A stupid bear, ugly thing practically threw me to Balders Gate-"

"I don't think it was the bear being stupid, Astarion" you hint, looking up to him as a smile tugged on the corners of your lips, trying to hold back your laughter.

Astarion just rolls his eyes and waves his none injured arm in front of himself.

"Let's go, I have a feeling the beast will show up again"

~~~~~~~~~~~

You accompanied Astarion to his tent. He's quite dirty and had not only blood dripping from his arm but blood smeared on his face also. You insisted on cleaning him up, and he eventually agreed.

He sat on the floor as you went to boil some water, get some cloth, thread and a sewing needle.

When you came back, he had his blue sparkly dress robe chucked onto the floor and his shirt which he wore underneath unbuttoned and sleeves rolled up.

You place the stuff you gathered on the floor next to him and you went to sit comfortably on his lap, Astarions eyes widening ever so slightly but being completely okay with it.