17. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘴

Once Optimus Prime and the rest of the Autobot team arrived at their base, Ratchet was urgently taken to the medical bay so Fixit could repair the damages that were caused by the Decepticon scientist, Shockwave. Afterwards, they gathered together in the main area and began on searching for their captured allies through the main control panel while the old medic was under repair.

Ratchet sat on the medical berth and watched how the small orange mini-con carefully put the finishing touches on his bitarlueus, "How could I be so foolish..." the doctor muttered under his breath, looking at his condition. He shook his head, his appearance wasn't bothering him as much as the mistake he made earlier.

"Don't worry about it, Ratchet." Fixit spoke as he attempted to lighten up his gloomy mood a bit, "I've been able to mend all of the damage for now but I suggest you to not make any sharp movements until you get fully recovered." he advised, finishing with fixing the last deep dent on his forearm.

Without both of them noticing the figure who approached the entrance of the Med-bay, a loud "Ahem" startled the small bot and made the doctor rapidly look up to the way he heard the unexpected voice. The two mechs turned around and saw Arcee at the large doorway with crossed servos, leaning on the wall, "Optimus requested assistance at the command center as soon as you are ready here." the blue femme informed the orange mini-con.

Fixit immediately gave out a small salute after putting away his medical tools, "Of course, ma'am!" he then waved at Ratchet and hurriedly went to the other members of their team to help out, leaving Arcee and Ratchet in the medical bay, completely alone.

Arcee watched him leave and then her gaze focused on Ratchet, who stared at the floor, not being able to say a single word, "Hey." the femme greeted quietly as she walked up to him.

Ratchet closed his optics and let out a heavy vent when she approached him, "Arcee..." he started, continuing to avoid eye contact with her, "Look, I'm sorry for what happened. I am completely aware and ashamed of what I have done. I need you to believe me, it was never my intention to--"

"I know, I know." she interrupted as she raised her servo, the femme looked down as well in both shame and sadness, "I'm the one who should apologize." the medic glanced at her and she continued, "A lot of things happened so quickly... we lost so many of our close ones to the hands of those jerks, that I finally let out my rage at someone else. And unfortunately, that someone had to be you..."

"You had the full right." said Ratchet in a pained tone, she stared at the doctor with sympathy, "You gave me a responsibility, to watch over her... a simple one, yet I failed."

"I deserved it." he mumbled out, but Arcee was close enough to him to hear those last three words.

"No, you didn't." the femme objected, the medic's helm lifted up at the smaller blue Autobot soldier, "You tried to keep her safe, you even risked your life. I was the one who gave her to you, Optimus assigned me as her guardian." she put a servo on her chest, indicating herself, "I was supposed to take care of her, not you."

Ratchet kept his dermas closed, his cyan optics scanning his servos which he held together, resting on his tibulens, "I know I shouldn't have taken her outside our base, but--"

"You guys only wanted to help. I would have done the same." she added gloomily, "When we save them, I will- I will have a talk with her... if she even is..."

"She will be." Ratchet disturbed her bad thoughts, "Believe me, she is a strong young woman, I saw it with my own optics, she has a brave heart and a smart mind. Don't be so harsh on her, she only wanted you to return safe and unharmed. She truly cares about you, Arcee." he warmly told her, attempting to give her hope.