CHAPTER 1

I remember clearly, I was drinking in my room and sobbing 'cause I lost my job.
After getting fired for kicking a colleague who was misbehaving, I had to hunt for a new job. With all the students' loans stacking over my head, I only wished the world could end right now, and everything went dark.

I see the light!
Haaa! I yawned as I opened my eyes.
I saw a completely different place and I thought maybe I was dreaming so I went back to sleep.
I opened my eyes again and to my surprise it wasn't a dream. I pinched my cheeks, oww! That hurts! I looked around and the place was making no sense, it was like something straight out of a fantasy world!

The maid standing there looked at me with fear in her eyes, she was constantly rubbing her hands.
"I will call the doctor and inform the Duke that my lady has gained consciousness." The girl in maid outfit said with a trembling voice.

"Wait, could you tell me what exactly this place is?
Why am I here?
And what's with your outfits?" I asked that girl.
She was puzzled by my questions and was trembling.

"My lady, do you not remember anything?
Who you are and what's your name?" She said with a wavering voice.

"My name? I remember everything and stop calling me 'my lady'." I sneered at her.

"Doctor! Let me quickly bring the doctor." She screamed.

I walked around the room and noticed my appearance.
My hair was never this long! Crimson red hair?
I ran to the mirror and saw a beautiful lady with scorching red eyes and crimson hair.

Whaaat! That's not me. What the heck is going on?
Who is this person?
And why am I looking like this?
I was perplexed with all the settings and was anxiously biting my nails.

Doctor arrived.

"Lady Orealia, let me check your condition." Doctor said while sitting closer to the bed.

'Orealia?'
That name sure rings a bell!

"I heard you don't remember anything. It could happen with the shock you have been through. You will regain those memories slowly so no need to be worried.
Just focus on eating and resting for a while". Doctor said.

Orealia? Hmm I know this name I definitely remember it but where? I thought.

"So what's your name?" I asked.

"M-My lady, my name is Silvy." She said with the same fear in her eyes.

"So, Silvy what is this place." I asked.

"Oh, this.. my lady, you are in Duke's mansion. Master Grandeur Redcliff is your father and you are his only daughter." She explained.

I could sense fear in her voice and she's uncomfortable around the person she serve. What kind of person the owner of this body was!
She must be cruel to make someone tremble in fear like that.

Redcliff, Redcliff, Redcliff....
Brain, where did you hear that name!
Ah, right! The novel!
I read it in the Novel 'Amaryllis, A glittering hope'.

Orealia Redcliff......
She was the main Villain!
So, I'm gonna die! Again?
What is wrong with my fate! Aaaagggh.
What am I paying for! huh?
Sins of my previous life?
Why am I getting punished like this....

First let's find out where we are in the story.
Maybe I can escape!

Clues, clues, clues.
Let's ask this maid.

"So, ah.. Silvy, could you tell me what is happening here and why was I sick?"

"My lady, that..
You jumped in the lake near the mansion and you were drowning. You were saved by a maid named Anna later."