CHAPTER 5

"My lady, where were you and what happened?" Silvy said as she looked at me with glistened eyes. I think she got scared.

"Nothing Silvy. I am fine and we will discuss it later let's go". I replied.

"Lady, I will see you soon".
He said with a strong, unwavering voice. He knows how to scare people for sure!

I am tired. I need rest. After all that happened today I'm traumatised. I don't think I could go on like this. Even a twenty-first century woman gets scared of all that has happened today.
Let's not think about it. I closed my eyes and shook my hand above my head to make all those thoughts go away. Not like it worked but haha! I'm dying!

"Silvy, please draw water for me to take a bath".

My lady, water is ready.

I soaked my whole body in warm water. I dipped my head in water, held my breath for a moment and got my head out of the water and took a deep breath. I feel a bit calm. I decided to not think about anything today, rather I will sleep for the remaining time.

I tried to sleep but all the thoughts were mixed up and we're giving me a tough time. I circled around the room for a while then came back to the bed to sleep.

Agh! I took a look around, wishing it were a dream. I grew more aware of reality. I stared out of the window to see the green breeze outside. On any other day, it would have soothed my mind, but right now I am just merely mired in despair and unable to see the light. I exhaled deeply.

It's been two days and I  could not stop but ponder if what I am doing is alright!
If only Orealia hadn't managed to sow thorns for me, I would've been lounging somewhere without being perturbed.

I was thinking about a solution but all I could see was darkness. I could not comprehend the feeling of being helpless and scared. I did not want to die again this soon.

"My lady, Sir Duke has arrived and is asking for you".

"Silvy, please show him the hall and take care of him, I will be there soon".

A tall, buffed man. A violent and grave look on his face. He was pretty much frightening to everyone including me!

When I reached there he was sitting quietly. He doesn't look like he is unfamiliar with etiquette but he still had this mysterious and intimidating expression.

Greetings Duke. I said in a soft and formal tone.

"Greetings lady". He replied.

"Have you decided?" He asked without offering any sort of pleasantries.

He didn't ask me any futile questions. He made it clear exactly why he was here! I was looking at him and I didn't want to answer but he spoke before I could.

"If you have not decided yet I know what to do". He said in a threatening manner.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Lady, if you don't agree I have another offer". He replied.

"What is it?" My eyes widened as I questioned.

His expression was dull but I knew he had the hold of the whole situation.

"If you still don't feel assured. I only need to send  the Crown Prince that proof, who will be grateful for it greatly". He chuckled.

I was fixated on him. I was petrified. My finger tips were shaking. It's all thanks to Orealia's body that she is able to contain all of her emotions. She was a well-trained woman and also a walking disaster!