CHAPTER 8

I was thinking hard about what to write to Callixto. But my thoughts only get twisted and twisted! Now I have no such energy to write something good!!

But I kept continuing...
Dear Duke Callixto
I received your letter and am waiting for you to come.
This is perfect, right? Yeah, right! I squinted my eyes, thinking, How can I be so stupid? I was wallowing in despair, anger, and fear.
I heard someone enter my room.
I looked back to see who it was.

"My lady.
Duke."

"What Duke?
Did something happen?"

No, my lady. 

"Then why did you rush all the way here? You look like you ran a marathon!"

"What... 'marathon'?
What is that? my lady."

"Oh! It's nothing.
Tell me what happened."

"That... my lady, Duke, is here."

"Has father come all the way here too?
He would've called for me! I sighed."

"No, my lady.
Duke Darkthorne is here."

He is here? I left my chair. My eyes got bigger. I was waiting for him but didn't expect him to come right now!!

"Silvy, they escorted him to the reception hall, right?"

"Yes, my lady. Please hurry! He is waiting for you.
Let me help you get ready!"

"Hmm."

Not like I care. But since there are rumors that I've fallen for the Duke, even Silvy has been acting like that.

"Okay, Silvy it's enough! I am not attending a ball! This much is fine."
I said as she kept putting on makeup and matching my jewelry.

"My lady, you should look the prettiest so Duke cannot stop looking at you!" She giggled.

I chuckled and said, "Right, right, but he likes simple women, so stop it already."

"Okay, my lady."

I entered the hall, and he was sitting there.

"Greetings Duke."

"Greetings, Lady Orealia."

"I hope Duke has agreed to our marriage."

"Yes, he did." I said it with a straight face.

"That's good. We will leave right away. I hope you have your things ready." He said it as if he were instructing some knights on the field.

"Let me inform my father that we are leaving."

"Yes, I will wait here." He said it with no waves of care, as if he wanted to get over the procedure and be on his way.

IN DUKE'S STUDY

"Father!"

"Oh Lia! My Dear you came to visit your father." He screamed with affection.

"Yes, father. But I have come to tell you other important things."

"What might that be?"

"I am leaving with Duke Callixto right now so I've come to say my farewell to you, father." I said with a big smile on my face.

He seemed surprised. I guess he wasn't ready to bid farewell to his loving daughter.

"What are you saying Lia? Are you leaving right now?
Dear what is all this hurry about? Please rest here and leave in one or two days." He said with a concerned face as his eyes were filled with pain and sadness was visible as if he wasn't trying to conceal any of his expressions.