{10}- Reason & Frontiers | The Cemetery Visit

??? POV 

A white lance pierced through the air, striking down multiple pink-coloured silicon beasts at once. Taking great skill and power to wield it, the Valkyrie uses the Divine Key to wipe out all the Honkai Beasts within the area using a single strike.

Upon their demise, they vanish but leave traces of new life at their location of death. Giving off a sigh of relief, the woman smiled before she realized another beast was in the area.

And in fact, it was an Emperor-Class Imperator.

Shoot.

The woman tensed up immediately and sprinted as fast as she can to the location, ignoring her previous orders temporarily. That's going to cause some serious harm...! I need to get to it before it does any further damage-

But the sight she saw was out of this world. 

When she arrived, the beast was already disintegrating, with 6 large holes on its body, seemingly made by extra-strong punches. Its limbs were pinned down by pink, blocky spears, formed purely out of Honkai energy.

Who... did this? 

The valkyrie doubted her mind for a moment before recalling a previous memory from a week ago - where traces of Honkai Energy were left at a scene of battle, but the Chariots present there had already disintegrated upon her arrival.

Someone is killing the Honkai Beasts by themselves.

And they're not a registered Valkyrie with Schicksal. 

That means...

...it could only be that thing...

I've finally found you.

This time, without knowing your true intentions, I'm not letting you escape my grasp.

***********************************************************************************************

Later...

Schicksal European Branch - Main Headquarters [Vienna, 13th District]

"Professor Planck, please refrain from doing such unconventional things ever again."

Emma Planck stood before the council of Schicksal Elites, one of whom lectured her on her previous actions.

"It's a part of my education. I don't know what the big fuss is about." Planck replied calmly.

"Teaching is no excuse for violating the organization's core principles." The council member retorted, clearly infuriated by her nonchalant attitude.

"However... we are entitled to a certain degree of autonomy, no? Whether it's the North American branch, or Lab 42, for that matter."

"Lab 42 is a part of the European branch. Of course they need to follow our instructions." Another voice in the council spoke up, this time much more patient.

"So, from which side do you wish to withdraw the self-autonomy rights from? Hm?" Planck pressed on.

"Now, now... please don't take it to this extreme point of view. We are simply trying to investigate issues regarding disobeying orders... there is no need to turn this into a larger problem than it already is."

"Then you should realize I'm only here to remind you: that the right autonomy and self-determination is the source of vitality for research institutions. If you insist that everything has to go through procedures for approval, then in terms of academic and scientific vigour, it will be a disaster for this organization." Planck stated seriously.