{24}- Project Oath | Apocalypse - Evolution

January 17, 1971

New Providence HQ - Hawaii

"Hello~?"

He paid no attention to the voice. In all honesty, what exactly is there to worry about right now? The sun is shining, the air is warm, the sea waves sends the tides in and out, generating a natural ASMR effect for the ears to relax, and that is much needed after-

"Mr. Gabriel!!"

This time, the yell came through, and the boy on the beach stumbled and tumbled over his own sunbathing chair, landing on the sand with his face planted into it. He immediately then stood up and shook his head, before coming face to face with his secretary, Jinni, who was in a casual attire.

"Looking good, Jinni."

"You're acting like you didn't just had the worst fall ever?"

"Yup."

"... now's not the time for that. Sir Welt has given me instructions to escort you back to base."

"But can't I enjoy the beach for a while longer? We literally bought this one! Here, come, I'll get you a chair-"

"Gabriel..." Jinni suddenly sounded much more serious than her normal self. "It's about Project Oath-"

"Wait, Project Oath? It's 1971 already?"

"... We just had New Year's celebration like, what, 2 weeks ago?"

"Ahem. What I mean is, let's hit the labs! And tell Welt to get ready- we're going on a road trip to Schicksal's Labs!!!"

***********************************************************************************************

20 minutes later...

Providence's HQ #2 - Kingdom

Main meeting room

"Is everyone here?" I asked as I glanced around. Welt finished twiddling with one of the new devices he made earlier, while Reanna set Liminal Spiral down beside the wall. Finn seemed like he had some papers to take care of, but it seemed he had something else on his mind. After all, his wife has been relocated to ensure both her and their family's safety. If they're ever going to get a chance to see Joachim again, they need to stay alive at least until after Finality. Of course, I already performed the Abyss Flower's Limit Break solution onto them both, so lifespan shouldn't be a pressing issue.

Jinni took count of all the board members' presence, even if some were in video style only, and found one person absent. "Uh... Aviya's not here..."

"Oh, she earned herself a vacation. I approved it yesterday, so you might not know about it yet." Jinni then nodded before taking a seat beside me and I took out a projector remote before I telekinetically switched the lights off.

"Okay... everyone's other reports can be held and heard at the end of this meeting, but as we all know now, Project Oath is starting. After I retrieved subject Omega from the Moon during Project Fini 3 years ago, our Honkai energy sources have since then not been a problem. What is a problem, is Otto Apocalypse's human experiment project."

I pressed on the remote as the slide shifted, and the next point of topic emerged. "As you all may or may not know, our dear Schicksal Overseer is obsessed with his past love, House Kaslana's Holy Maiden Kellen Kaslana, who sacrificed herself during a Honkai Beast attack 500 years ago protecting civilians. And now, he's officially began cloning them in a project known as A-E (this gotta be some troll) over this year and possibly by the next. Our inside informant and drones were stealthy enough, and I commend them on their jobs. We do not yet have the technology to teleport you back to a safe zone in case of emergency, but we're working on it."