nine

food, or night mission?

𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 is always the best time to enjoy when darkness colours the sky, making it nightfall

𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 is always the best time to enjoy when darkness colours the sky, making it nightfall. and when the dinner is personally cooked by your mother, it feels as if you're tasting the luxurious food that's served in the palaces of royalty.

that was how good your mother's food were.

tonight is just like always— dining in with your parents after your father came back from his work.

truly a happy moment it is, until you received a call. you ignored it. but it kept going. over and over again, the ringing kept popping up.

before you mother wanted to answer the phone for you, you took the phone and blankly stared at the screen.

what could julian loki want from you during this hour of the day where everyone probably has their own things to complete at night?

should you pick up the phone?

or should you not?

meh, you did it anyways.

"hel—"

"mission. hisaoki hotel. now."

the other end of the phone voiced out, immediately hanging up right after the fifth word it uttered. you were simply left there to raise a brow and blink multiple times. it's probably a mission, if messages are short.

hisaoki hotel? that's a hotel not that far away from where you currently are right now. you could probably make it there in 10 minutes or less if you order an uber.

but right now?? you're eating with your family. how could you...

how could you ever leave the dinner table when your parents are still eating..?

"y/n, is something the matter?" your mother asked, raising her brow in curiosity after you held your phone to your ear this entire time, even after the call ended. "you can put your phone down now and finish your food."

"mom, dad…" you trailed off, the right words stuck at your throat. "i.."

your parents looked at you in anticipation of what you're going to say next. they looked at each other and then back to you, their own curiosity growing.

"reiko's dog died and she needs comforting right now bye i'll be back soon!" you exclaimed, rushing out from your seat to grab your important stuff before storming out of the house.

your parents? they were too stunned to speak.

"i'm sorry, mom and dad. but this mission seems way too itching for me." you said to yourself, running to catch a nearby taxi to bring you to the hotel.

🔫🔥🤔😈🗣️💯‼️

"oh look, gun girl is finally here after like, what...? a million years!" shidou said with a scoff. you only glared at him and rushed over to the group.

"what's the big deal!? i was eating with my parents, you lifeless assholes!"

"calm down, l/n-san. forgive me for calling you so suddenly. but this we really need you for the rest of the night that is to happen. we're having a meeting with an official yakuza gang," julian gave you a small and short smile before glancing at his admin.

rin opened the box for julian to take out the gun. he loaded the gun with fresh rubber bullets before handing it to you.

"just in case, if the clan does something funny. you need to protect yourself."

you stared at the gun which was placed above julian's held out palms. "uhm.. i can just go back hom—"

"you mustn't," julian sternly said, placing the gun into the canvas bag you brought with you.

"the yunhen clan is a clan of peace, l/n-san. it would be a great first experience for you," zantetsu adjusted his glasses.

karasu smirked. "yeah, pretty gun girl. if something goes wrong, i'll protect you ♡."

"no thanks."

"oh ok."

"we shouldn't waste anymore time. let's go, pari x!" rin announced, following his leader into the building where the yakuza clan is supposed to reside in. everyone else followed too, and you.

because.

just because.

you simply cannot walk home with a partial weapon in your possession. so you sacrificed yourself for the sake of entering the building, in hopes that you actually didn't have to use the gun.

a/n: a chapter dedicated to raavagebecause it's her birthday 🫶🏼 we playedcocomelon birthday song in my serverfor her AHAHA 😭 luv u vv much evy

because it's her birthday 🫶🏼 we played
cocomelon birthday song in my server
for her AHAHA 😭 luv u vv much evy