Chapter 28

Allie

He grabs me by my neck, dragging me into the pitch back bedroom, shoving me onto the bed with my hands trapped under his by my head.

I can't move, can't breathe, can't even scream.

When he slides in, completely dry, I scream from the pain, which is quickly muffled by his lips over mine.

"Stop being dramatic." He grumbles.

And when he leans back to continue thrusting, the light catches on the number of his shirt.

28.

"Allie!"

I gasp awake, sweat canvassing my entire body. Calloused hands wrap around my frame, making me flinch which earns a grumble in reply.

I'm shaking from head to toe, the layers of blankets bundled around me not doing their job.

"Allie. I'm here. Tell me what I can do." His voice is raw and pleading, his breath tickling my shoulder, making me shiver.

"Just hold me, okay?"

"Okay. Yeah, okay, baby. I'll hold you for as long as you need." His voice is gentle.

My eyes flutter shut as his arms wrap around me, pulling me so I lie on top of him, his large hand stroking my hair.

"Can you still come today? But I don't want you to come if you're going to be uncomfortable," I ask, my finger tracing his lips as I watch for even just the slight tell that he doesn't want to come.

"No. I want to be there. Let me be there for you."

I examine his beautiful face, tracing from the bridge of his nose to his cheeks as he closes his eyes, pulling me even closer to him as if it's still not enough.

"God, did I do that?" I shriek, pushing up so I'm straddling his waist as my eyes run down his chest where a nasty scratch lines his rib cage.

"I'll be your punching bag anytime if it means you'll come back to me."

He rasps, making me look down and swallow when I notice the position we're lying in.

Me. Straddling his hips. Something hard poking me.

"Noah..."

He shrugs, a grin playing on his lips.

"I can't help it. You're just too gorgeous."

I smack his chest with Wally, the penguin he gifted me on our first date.

"Ooh!"

I hop off the bed, pretending not to notice the way Noah immediately slaps a pillow over his dick and head over to my desk, grabbing his late birthday present, ignoring the fact it's six in the morning.

"Here. I forgot to give this to you earlier."

He takes the gift, a giddy smile on his face as he unwraps it.

"Is that our first date?"

"Yep. That's the photo Kyla took before we left."

I love that photo. I'm staring at the camera with a genuine smile on my lips while Noah doesn't even seem to notice the camera as he's too busy staring down at me, my head just meeting his chest.

"I- wow. I forgot she took this."

He continues to stare at the photo, not looking up as I get ready for the day, knowing I won't be able to go back to sleep.

Noah

The waiting room is judgy as hell as I sit beside Allie, trying to keep her calm as she nibbles on her finger.

"It's fine, Allie."

"It'll be a woman right? Not a man?" She whispers.

"It should be, but if it's not, we will ask."

She nods, obviously nervous as the nurse walks us to the room and hands her a gown.

"Can you turn around, please?"

I hear a rustling of fabric, a zipper and then,

"You can turn back round."

She stands in her gown and socks, looking uncomfortable as hell, and fuck, I wish I could take it all away.

Take away her fear of the world.

"Hello, Ms. Wes. I'll just be doing an examination and a swab and then we will send that to the lab."

The doctor nods, giving me a sad look as if she knows why I'm here.

I sit by Allie's head the whole time she lies there on the cold bed, her hand shakes in mine, so I distract her.

"I uh- talked to your coaches and the school board the other day.Maddie has three days to pack her stuff up and go."

Her head snaps to me, her eyes wide as a smile spreads on her adorable face.

"You had Maddie expelled from school?"

"Yep."

"I love you so much, Carter."

"I love you too, Wes."

——————————————————————————————————————————

When the score is 4-6 for our game against Edmonton, I don't even get mad about the loss because I feel like a fucking semi truck hit me, my head feeling like crap and my throat dry as fuck.

Allie is waiting for me by my truck with another glitter sign in her hand, that stupid penguin tucked under her arm.

"Hey! Sorry about the loss but I think some Modern Family will help cheer you up."

I almost don't hear her because of the pounding in my ears but I don't reply as I haul my crap into the backseat.

"We can talk later if you'd like." She whispers, which breaks my heart because she thinks I'm mad at her.

Like that could ever happen.

I grab her chin, tilting it up so she is forced to look at me.

"You're the only person I want to talk to."

She blinks, touching the back of her hand to my forehead, her face crumbling into concern.

"Noah, you're burning up. I'll drive."

She helps me get into the truck, which I find quite amusing since I'm 6'6 and she's barely 5'4 but damn, I forgot how strong she was for someone so small.

"Noah? We're home. I'm going to start a bath for you when we get upstairs, okay? I think you have a fever."

I don't remember how we got up the stairs, or how we got to her room but the next thing I know is she's stripping my shirt off me with a blush rising up her cheeks, my shorts itchy against me.

"I think the water should be warm enough." She dips her fingers in the tub, nodding when it meets her standards.

"Come here, grumpy boy. Let's get you in the tub and then I'll go find you something to drink."

She throws my arm over her shoulder, walking slowly as if I could fall any second.

I let out a nasty cough, my eyes feeling fifty pounds as I splash into the tub. Allie brings over some towels, leaning against the tub as she places a cool rag over my forehead.

And I'm so out of it, so delusional that I lift my arms and ask,

"Come in with me? Please?"