Chapter 29

Allie

"Come in with me?"

He looks up at me from where he sits in the tub, his legs resting on the end of it since he's bigger than the tub itself.

He sounds exhausted, like he hasn't slept in weeks, his voice raw as he pleads.

But it's Noah.

The same person who reminds me daily to wear my knee brace, who wakes and holds me during the night terrors, who doesn't drink when I'm around because he wants to make sure he's there to protect and help me.

"Sure."

His eyes widen as he obviously wasn't expecting me to agree but he shifts so I can sit between his legs.

He's still in his shorts, so with a slight tremble of my hand, I strip my shirt and leggings off, leaving me only in a black cotton bra and underwear.

I see him swallow just before I slide in, my back to his front.

"You feel a little better. Not great though. Is the washcloth still cold enough?"

Gingerly lifting the towel off his neck, I press my hands to his forehead, cringing slightly when the towel is warm.

I try to leave to get a bowl of cold water but he wraps his arms around me, which sends a shiver through me as he tugs me back down.

"I'm fine. Did I ever mention how pretty you are?"

My cheeks flame.

"Tell me about your tattoos." I say, trying to ignore the fact that there's something hard poking me in the back. Again.

"The one's on my chest are some that Claire and I picked out together, but most of them I chose because I liked the way they looked."

"None of them have colour." I point out.

"No, but this one does." He flips me around so I'm facing him and that's when I notice a new tattoo the size of a palm etched over his heart.

It's a heart that loops into an infinity loop on the top of it, with small words below it that spell, 'my girl'

"I- you got that for me?" I trace my finger over it, tears forming in my eyes. It's the only tattoo of his that has colour, making it even more special for me.

"Yeah. You're mine forever."

I smile up at him, a grin meeting me in return.

"Can we get one together?"

"Hell yeah."

"Do you feel better? I can run to the pharmacy and get you something to help?"

"The cloth and the Advil are helping a lot but I might crash soon. I'm wiped."

I nod and stand, reaching down to grab a towel for Noah, handing it to him once he's out.

"I'll go grab you some clothes." I say, trying to divert my eyes from the V that leads down below his shorts.

I quickly wrap a towel around myself, forgetting I'm almost completely naked, my cheeks immediately heated again.

Noah raises an eyebrow at me, giving me a pointed look.

"Don't hide. Please. Never from me."

He sounds hurt as he speaks, like he thinks I'm scared of him.

"I'm not hiding from you, I promise. I was just going to get you some clothes and something to drink."

He holds out his pinky finger, a playful smile on his face.

"Promise you'll never hide?"

I interlock our fingers.