Part 8

People say life can be unpredictable and right now I completely agree with them. When I woke up this morning, I didn't plan on being anywhere close to this person. Let alone, stuck with them in a closet, I could feel the heat radiating off of his body right now. That is how close he was standing. I felt vulnerable, fear was clutching at my heart. All I wanted to do at that moment was run away as far as I could, yet my body was against what my brain was suggesting.

I felt him walk closer to me until there was no space left. I could feel his hard chest rub against me and we were both breathing heavily. A shudder ran down my body when he grabbed the back of my neck. Instantly, my body reacted and leaned into him more. At this point, I didn't know what the hell was going on. Why was my body reacting to him in this way?

"Look at me" he demands with his deep husky voice. I am not going to lie, his voice sounds sexy as hell. This was the first time that I heard his voice and it was the best thing, I have heard in my whole life.

I looked up at him as he demanded and witnessed him already staring at me. His pupils are dilated he's looking at me so hard. It felt as if he was staring deep into my soul. I hold my breath as I wait for him to speak.

Without warning, his mouth is on mine. He kisses me roughly. His hands are on the back of my neck, holding me in place. For a moment, I was frozen, unsure of whether I wanted to push him away or kiss him back. Since I was not in control of my body around him, I kissed him back hard. I hear him groan into the kiss and a shudder travels through my body. The kiss was passionate and possessive, it felt like he wanted to own my body and soul.

I hear the bell ring in the distance and that is when I come back to reality and immediately push him away. We were both breathing heavily at this point, his face looked shocked and his lips were swollen. Without saying a word, I open the door and get the hell out of there.

I go straight into the washroom, Instead of class. I wanted to make sure I looked presentable and not like someone who just had the best kiss of their life. I looked into the mirror and my lips were all swollen and tingly. I touch my lips and remember the kiss I just had, his lips against mine. His strong chest pressed against me and his hand slid down my back. Before, I could think of anything else, I heard the second Bell ring for the start of classes.

I hurriedly try to make myself presentable the best I can and make my way to my first class. I had physics and I hated it. Not my favourite class but gotta pass it, if I want to graduate this year. I walk into the class and witness the teacher already started to write on the board. Guess, I am super late.

"It is nice of you to join us! Miss...?"

"Amelia. Amelia Thatcher", I say nervously.

"Miss Thatcher, I hope you don't make a habit of this. As it is your first day, I will ignore your tardiness this one time"

" Now go and take a seat," He says, sounding annoyed.

Without saying a word, I make my way to the back hoping to disappear. Everyone was watching and witnessing my embarrassment. I wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole. I find an empty spot and quickly take a seat. The teacher begins writing on the board again and I look around the class to see if I recognize anyone that I know. Not that I know many people. I still try my luck and look around the room. I don't seem to recognize anyone, but when I finally look to my right, I see Ben.

Ben was sitting to my right and his eyes were already on me. His face was all bruised up and it looked like it must have hurt like hell. I smiled at him awkwardly and he just kept staring. I hurriedly looked away from him and blamed my luck for sitting right beside him. It's not like we were best friends or anything. At least things weren't awkward before and now I can't be in the same room as him.

I tried to pay attention to the teacher as best as I could. He finished talking and gave us some exercises to do. He wants to see where we are at and what areas we need to work on. I am just glad, he finally stopped talking.

" You can work in teams of two if you want," the teacher announced.

I was not interested in working with anyone and while I was busy with my own thoughts. I feel a tap on my shoulder already knowing who it was. I take a deep breath and look at Ben.

"Do you want to work together?" He asks me with a straight face.

Not knowing what to say, I nod at him. My response makes him smile and he pulls his desk closer to mine. In my head, all I could think was, why the hell did his mood change so quickly? Just a while ago, it looked like he wanted to wring my neck.

Weird.

"I am sorry, I did not reply to your texts. I didn't mean to ignore you. I just didn't know what to say to you, after what happened," Ben says, looking at me and waiting for my response. He looked sincere in his apology and it makes me feel bad.

"Ben, you don't need to apologize. I understand we have known each other for a long time now and I don't want things to be awkward between us. Can we still be friends?" I ask him.

For a second it looked like he was sad but his face quickly changed and he smiled and nodded his head.

" Yes, we can definitely be friends. Now let's work on those exercises before Mr. Grumpy kicks us out" He says laughing.

For the remainder of the class, we tried solving some questions. Ben was actually pretty smart and without his help, I would have probably got them all wrong. We finished all the questions and the bell rang signalling for the end of classes. Everyone starts packing and making their way out of the room.

"What do you have next?" Ben asks me.

"Gym!"

" Okay, then I see you at lunch"

I smile and nod at him. We both start to walk to the door and I am already dreading gym and I haven't even started the class yet. Once we get to the door, suddenly someone walks into me which makes me fall onto Ben. A gasp leaves me and Ben quickly holds me by the shoulders. I come out of the shock and look up to see.

Angry stormy grey eyes!