In his bed (Levi x Reader)

Note: Thank you so much for over 30k reads! I am so grateful to all of you!

In the middle of the night, around four o'clock, you were sitting at your desk with your favorite pen and a cold cup of tea, completing the pile of paperwork that was due in two days. Your hair was a mess, eye bags dark and clothes rumpled. You wanted nothing more than to fall into your bed and close your eyes forever, but you barely had time to finish it tomorrow as you promised Hanji you'd help her with her project.

Unlike many of your comrades, you often lagged behind with work, but this time the burden on your shoulders weighed you down more than usual.

Tired, you stared at the already half-burnt candle, blinked slowly and stretched your arms behind your back.

Just as you got back to work, there was a soft knock on the door. You recognized who it was just by the sound of it.

The door opened a second later and captain Levi stepped inside, throwing a quick glance to your form before pulling his jacket off. He carefully placed it over the back of another chair and walked up to where you were sitting.

"The hell are you still doing here?"

"Work." you muttered, not even looking at him.

He looked at the papers on the table and frowned when he realized that you weren't even close to being done with your work. Did you really got so much on your plate? He already thought about having a talk with Erwin soon.

"Go to sleep, (y/n)" Levi put a hand on your shoulder and nudged you to get up, but you shrugged his hand away and continued to write.

"I need to finish this."

Levi rolled his eyes. "Do it later. Someone who fights titans shouldn't die from lack of sleep. That would be pathetic." he scoffed and flicked your head with his finger.

"You're the last person who should say that." You turned your head slowly from left to right and groaned when your bones cracked. God you were so tired.

Levi scoffed a second time. "Shut up and go to sleep." he placed his hand on the table next to the papers and looked at you, waiting.

"Not until I finish this."

He sighed and took the pen out of your hand. "Levi, you- hey! What the-" you were cut off as he threw you over his shoulder and walked into the bathroom. He put you down and held your arms tightly, since you were still fighting back, and made you look into the mirror.

"What?" you grumbled angrily and glared at him through the reflection.

"See those eye bags?" He pointed his chin towards your eyes.

"Levi-"

"Shut up." he shushed you. "See them?"

You rolled your eyes. You didn't know what the hell he was trying to tell you, but the stress plus him acting like this is getting to your nerves. "Yeah."

"They're too dark."

"The fu-"

"Stop interrupting me." he pinched your arm harshly. What's gotten into him? "It's unhealthy, (y/n). I can't have you slack off like this when we're about to go on another expedition in two weeks. It's dangerous."

"Why do you care?" you hissed.

"Doesn't matter. Listen-"

"It matters to me. Why are you being so annoying, you little-"

"Because I can't loose you too!" he shouted and turned you back around to look you into the eyes. "I can't loose the last member of my squad. I can't." he murmured the last part so quietly you barley heard it.

Your eyes were wide, staring at him in shock and confusion. Levi and you had been....well...a couple, as some might say, for a while now. It was never supposed to be more than friendship between you at the beginning. A very close friendship that started to bloom when you were enlisted into the special operation squad.

At first it were just friendly, comforting strokes down each others arms, to the first hug when a friend of yours died – which he, in all honestly, messed up by being all clumsy and awkward about it, to the two of you becoming platonic cuddle buddies after you had to share a tend in the middle of an expedition were he had suffered a horrible nightmare. Levi had only been able to fall back asleep after you had offered him to move closer.

Who would have guessed that you would wake up all cuddled up?

This has been going on for months now. You two sharing a bed, holding hands whenever you took a walk together or even giving each other a kiss on the cheek once, which, for Levi, was already a lot.

But otherwise, there was no more than that. At least on the outside. While none of you had admitted it yet, it was clear to everyone with eyes in their heads that you two were in love. Levi was good at hiding it, just like you, but your closest friends knew you just to well.

You placed your hand against the side of his face. "You won't loose me, Levi."

He rolled his eyes. "We both know this isn't something you can promise."

You smirked a little, feeling less tensed already. "Says you."

And for the first time in a while, you finally saw that tiny smile of his again. This rare, but genuine smile, which was more beautiful than any sunset or any star you had ever seen.

"I think I will finish the papers later." you said, suppressing the yawn that was trying to escape.

He ruffled your head a bit. "Thank you."

Stepping away from him, you smiled with a nod and walked over to your stuff to grab it and opened the door.

While walking into the corridor, you couldn't help but grin happily. Despite all the nerves still not being fully relaxed, you were always in a good mood when Levi showed a little bit of affection. Especially when it were words that showed how much he cared for you. These types of words coming from someone like Levi were always beautiful.

"Where the hell are you going, you idiot?" Levi whispered-shouted from the door and put his hand on his hip.

Forget the last part, he sucks with words. They aren't beautiful, ever.

"What?" you turned back to him and stepped a little closer. "I'm finally doing what you want and it still isn't enough to satisfy your grumpy ass?"

He flicked your forehead and pulled you into his room by the arm. "When was the last time you slept in your own bed?"

"Uh....around a month ago. Why?" you asked.

"Exactly."

"That's not an answer."

"Shut up." he pushed you to sit on his bed as he grabbed a few of his clothes for you and himself. "Go change here. I will change in the bathroom. Hurry up."

With another eye roll, you started to change and crawled into his bed under the covers. A few minutes later, after you got comfortable, Levi joined you and wrapped an arm around you on instinct.

You turned in his arms and looked into his beautiful eyes.

"Go to sleep and stop staring." he whispered and pushed your head to the side. "Now."

"Say please." you murmured into his ear.

"Go to hell."

You chuckled and kissed his nose, which earned you an annoyed grunt. "Goodnight, Levi."