Chapter 29: Humpty Dumpty (4)

Mina's PoV

We have been staring at the map for some minutes now. How do we know where will be the next drop off. This is so frustrating because whatever Chaeyoung said as a pattern before doesn't even make sense. It feels like they chose random locations.

"How about we listen to the song again?" Jihyo suggested which everyone agreed on.

Sana took out her phone and played the song. 

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put Humpty together again.

Sat on the wall? I looked at the pictures of the crime scene that was pinned on the board. Each has a rooftop with a parapet. All the king's horses, what does this mean as horses? 

"말" (Mal) I muttered. 

Nayeon unnie clapped with a known look. 

"Mal! The buildings that they pick has that character on it's names." Slowly but surely, we started to have a clue and how to locate the next place.

"I remember that pattern now!" Tzuyu took out a paper and started connecting each place. She had drawn an ellipse. 

"The fuck was that Tzuyu?" Momo grimaced at the drawing. 

Humpty dumpty was an egg, as what it portrays. What she also means by the 'King's men couldn't put Humpty together again' was that the coordinates that was scattered, are formed from one. Which explains the formula for this. Damn, I never felt so proud of finding that out without Chaeyoung's help.

That murderer must be smart.

"These six are the previous locations where she dropped the bodies. Next location must be here." Jeongyeon marked the said place on the map with a red sticker.

Jihyo immediately called the SIA team to go and secure the place. We will follow them as fast as we can. 

"I still have many questions." I heard Sana murmured. 

"What is it Satang?" 

"Why do they use humpty dumpty?"