Elira Abbot

3 hour classes were terrible.

I was bored. Trying to keep up too.

"Psst." A voice peeped beside me and I looked.

A girl smiled at me.

"Elira, right?"

"Yes." I studied her.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ezra. Just to warn, I am 98 years old." She smiled.

"Why in college then?"

"Why not? Living forever grants me less academic misery."

"Fair. What are you?"

"Shifter. Not a vampire. As long as I shift often, I rain eternal." She nodded.

"What is a shifter?"

"Mmmm same concept as the fictional werewolves, but it's humans that have an assigned animal to shift into. Based on heritage. None of that alpha shit, some people do become wolves but not in a werewolf sense. No mates, none of it." She shrugged.

"Interesting. Mates don't exist? Has twilight deceived me?"

"They...do. Not born mates but made ones. For all creatures, we live so long that if we fall in love once, that love lasts forever and can't really be forgotten." She shrugged.

"That's cool." I smiled.

"Anyways, I just asked because I saw Father Benedict with you earlier yesterday."

"You know him?"

"I know of him. The whole town thought he was dead, honored him. Today he's actually being asked to help lead the town since he's so old and knew the founding fathers from three centuries ago."

"Wow. Hopefully he takes the offer. That would be cool." I smiled.

"I can get you the notes after class if you'd like so you can study."

"Please." I groaned.

"Sure thing." She laughed.

"Do you guys eat people?"

"We can."

"What do you shift into?"

"A silly little panther." She grinned.

"Is it on command?"

"Yeah. Pretty much."

I thought about it.

"Hey, there's a party tonight, would you like to go? I'll be there with some of my teenage looking friends." She smiled.

"Is this a trap? You secretly love eating people and are luring me to my death?"

"Absolutely." She nodded.

"Might as well accept my fate." I faked a sad sigh.

"Alright, I'll stop by your dorm, I know the number cause I used to be friends with Kaitlyn." She explained.

"Ahhhh. Okay."

I'd give the benefit of the doubt, but I didn't 100% trust her.

-

"Going out?" A body was suddenly behind me and I squealed.

"No one let you in!" I held my hand to my rapidly beating heart.

"I know. Where are you going? Why is that thin thing in your hand?"

"It's called a dress, old man." I grumbled.

"I'm not old."

"Only over 300." I sighed, looking up at his suspicious expression.

His eyes were back to the bright blue I was well acquainted with.

"I don't look it." He smirked.

"Can you leave so I can change?"

He left my room, shutting the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked again.

"A party."

"Mmm with shifters?"

"Yes."

I pulled on my black panties and the dress over my head.

"You can come back in

"You can come back in." I said and he was now on my bed.

"That dress is short."

"Actually, it's pretty modest." I said.

"For anyone else to wear."

"I beg your pardon?" I turned around, frowning.

"It's modest for anyone else. It hugs you too tight."

"Not really. I own worse." I sighed, walking to my bathroom as he followed.

I heated my straightener.

He was directly behind me, like a deathly shadow towering over me.

His hands came to squeeze my arm, sending freezing chills across my body as they moved up, to my shoulders.

"No vampires. No boys."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"No vampires. No. Boys." He stared at me through the mirror, challenging me.

"I'm not a dog, I'm not your wife, you're not my master, you're not my dad." I didn't care what he could do.

"Then im going with you to meet these... friends."

"No. You're not." I grabbed my straightener.

"Why not?"

"I never go to parties. I'm finally getting invited and having a chance at a normal life with normal friends and a chance with a normal boy. You don't own me." I flipped the ends of my hair in toward my face, doing my bangs so they framed my face.

He put my straightener down, unplugging it, turning me and lifting me onto my sink, hands on my thighs, body between my legs as he grabbed my jaw, forcing me to look up at him.

"I don't care if you go to a party. But no boys, Elira. Otherwise you'll suffer the consequences of your actions. If something happens, I won't be there to save you. Or maybe I will and I'll watch you struggle and regret your decisions. I do own you. You are mine. No matter what your little mortal heart says." His nails dug into my jaw.

"Do you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Do we understand each other?" His eyes bored into mine, red starting to overcome them.

"Yes, father Kain." I said his name with a bitter voice.

"Thats my good girl. So sexy when you're obedient. If anything happens, come to me, get on your pretty knees and confess your dirty little drunken sins." He whispered and I felt an ache in my lower stomach, a throbbing between my legs starting to make me lose focus.

"Fine."

He smiled softly, pecking my forehead before kissing over my lips, barely pressing his to me, it was so soft it felt like it didn't even happen.

He held my waist as his nose moved down the bridge of my throat and he bit.

"Not a lot. Please." I whispered.

He hummed, taking just enough for me to feel a buzz.

He didn't heal it. As I expected.

"Have a good night, Elira, darling."