Kain Benedict

My hand was on her thigh as we waited, Mr. Pierson finally here.

I stood, shaking his hand, Elira remaining sat.

"Who's this beautiful woman?" He asked.

She remained with no expression, her new grey eyes held a cold emotion and I loved it.

"My wife."

He smiled, expecting her to stand.

She offered her hand from her seat and he shrugged, fine with it.

"You will stand when greeting my boyfriend." A petite woman said beside him.

Elira smiled, standing, straightening her skirt and top as she took his hand.

"Name dear?" He asked.

"Elira. Nice meeting you." She nodded.

The woman scoffed at my wife.

"Is there a problem?" I asked, sitting beside Elira.

"Elira lacks manners." She grimaced at her.

I set my hand on Eliras thighs, pressing her into the seat as her jaw ticked.

"It's Mrs. Benedict to you. And when you try to insult me, perhaps make eye contact rather than speaking as if I'm not here." She inhaled, nostrils flaring when she noticed the girl was human.

"Calm yourself, Bee." Pierson looked at the girl and she sat straight, lifting her chin in brattiness.

I kissed Elira's temple in attempt to soothe.

Her eyes spun a beautiful maroon.

"Calm yourself." I murmured quiet enough to where the humans across couldn't hear.

"You have a wedding ring, are you married?" Elira asked the man.

"Oh uhm, yes I am." He glanced at it, turning it on his finger like he was tempted to remove it.

Elira smiled at the jealous woman called "Bee" beside him.

"Cute." Elira seemed to feel better with the small dig.

Whatever it took.

We discussed business.

We needed a human, someone replaceable in the business to do the risky shit and get his hands dirty.

"I'm gonna get a drink." Bee said and he ignored her as she huffed and walked away.

I told him his job and salary. He took it, signed the papers I brought with me, and business was done.

The woman came back with a martini.

"Do you not drink?" She asked Elira.

"Oh I drink." Her nails dug into my hand.

"Beverage of choice?"

"Blonde brats who can kiss their boyfriends from three feet away due to some big ass lip surgery." She smiled sweetly.

Bee gasped.

"You're making business deals with immortals?" She asked Pierson.

Pierson sighed.

"Could you not tell? They don't look human. She's far too beautiful and he's far to large to be human." He said.

"You're just a gold digger. Stop caring about the source of the money and just take it." Elira sat back, shrugging.

"Well unlike him I have morals and working with you monsters isn't one." Bee smiled.

"That's unfortunate. He's going to make $30 million with this. But you were at the bar when that happened." I sighed.

30 million if he doesn't get killed first.

"M-millions?" Her eyes were wide.

"Yes." Pierson nodded.

"I-I'm sorry for my attitude-"

"Gold-digging Asshole." Elira laughed.

Bee was now quiet, not responding.

Smart.

We talked a bit longer as he had questions, Bee eyed Elira strangely, she noticed but didn't reciprocate the attention.

"Sorry to interrupt but is it true a plant is your position?" She asked.

"No." I answered.

Yes. But she didn't need confirmation.

"Stop." Pierson told her.

"No. No because she looks new at this with her anger issues-"

"But I'm not. Leave my wife alone." I felt anger blaze through me, simmering in my chest.

"How old are you?"

"I was born 1706, dear."

"Men like you existed then?" She eyed me.

"I'm gonna kill this bitch if I don't leave. I'm done." Elira stood and left the bar.

"Don't bring your side bitch next time. Elira will kill her and I won't get in her way." I looked at the woman.

"You need to learn your place. You're not his wife, you're nothing but a dirty fetish to an old man and you don't benefit me at all. So if you say something to Mrs. Benedict again, I'll remove your head myself." I stood, fixing my cuff links.

"Then he won't work for you." She looked at him to defend her.

The second he tried standing I sneered, he remained sat.

"That doesn't matter to me. He's a sacrifice. I'm the messenger sweetheart. I don't need him, but he benefits me, get in my way, I'll kill you both. Have a great day."

I walked outside the smell of fresh blood on my tongue as I walked, Elira dropping a man to the floor, blood all over her white outfit as she looked at me.

"Im sorry. I was hungry." She whispered.

I sighed.

"Let's go home."

Her Darkest Salvation (COMPLETE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें