»--🌼--«𝚂𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍-𝙱𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐»--🌼--«

»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«
Hello there again, friend!
This chapter will go over world-building and setting; how to research it, things to avoid doing, and tips and tricks! I hope it's helpful :)
»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«

»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«Hello there again, friend!This chapter will go over world-building and setting; how to research it, things to avoid doing, and tips and tricks! I hope it's helpful :)»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«

Let's first go over what a setting is, and what World-building is:
»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«

🌼Setting🌼
»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«
A setting is the physical, temporal, and cultural context where a story takes place, including location, time, atmosphere, societal norms, and more.

»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«
🌼World-building🌼
»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«
The process of creating and developing a fictional universe for a story, encompassing the setting, its rules, cultures, societies, history, and more, to make the world immersive and consistent.

Making a setting seem realistic can be very hard, especially if you're making up an entirely new one. Whether it's the place, time, culture, or atmosphere, it can be overwhelming and tiresome. So, here are some tips for you if you're struggling with establishing your setting!:

»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«
🌼Establishing a setting🌼
»--•--«─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉»--•--«

Research and Inspiration:
Draw inspiration from real-world locations, historical eras, or cultural elements to provide a solid foundation for your setting. If it takes place in a real setting, research the geography, climate, and ecosystems of your fictional world to make it feel authentic.

Consistency and Internal Logic:
Ensure that the rules and elements of your setting are consistent throughout the story. Any established rules or limitations should be stuck to. Develop a logical cause-and-effect relationship between different aspects of the setting, examples can be like how the environment impacts the culture, or if you have magic in your story, how that affects technology.

Show, Don't Tell:
Instead of dumping information on the reader, reveal details of your setting gradually through the characters' experiences and observations. The colors, the smells, the people, the food, the sights... Use descriptive language to paint vivid pictures of the world, appealing to the reader's senses.

Character Perspective:
Consider how the setting is perceived through your characters' eyes. Their unique viewpoints, biases, and experiences can add depth and authenticity to the world. Show how the setting affects your characters' thoughts, feelings, and actions.