Cater and The Phone Date

You jump to the sound of fervent knocking. You were sitting on the couch in the foyer of ramshackle dorm. You put the book you were reading on the coffee table and get up to answer the door. The knocking hadn't stopped.

"Okay okay I'm coming." You yell to whoever's at the door. "Hold your horses."

You open the door to find Cater eagerly waiting outside. "Why hello there Y/N!" He waved his hand in greeting. "I've got the biggest surprise for ya!"

You tilt your head quizzically. "Is that why your knocking my door down?"

Cater waves two rectangular papers in your face. "I managed to score us some off campus passes so now I can take you on that phone date!"

"Oh you were serious about that?"

Cater scoffs. "Of course I was! I can't let a fellow student go on without an essential tool for life!"

He loops his arm around yours, dragging you outside and closes the door.

"And now we're off to get you out of that rock you've been living under!"

Cater brings you to a store that sells phones and accessories. He opens the door to let you in.

"After you Y/N."

You give him a mock curtsy. "Why thank you kind sir."

Inside the store you're met with all different kinds of phones on display. Some promoting the latest models while others show what's on sale. A whole wall is filled with phone cases and different kinds of accessories to go with your phone. You find yourself a little overwhelmed by all the various choices.

Cater wraps an arm around your shoulders. "Don't worry Y/N. I wouldn't lead you astray."

"What would I ever do without you?" You smile and Cater returns your smile.

Cater leads you to a row of cheaper options. He shows you a newer model that was surprisingly cheap. Cater presents the packaged phone to you.

"For the lovely lady."

"Thank you but I don't know how I'm going to pay for it."

"We'll that's easy to fix. I was planning on getting it for you."

Your eyes widen. "I couldn't possibly ask you to do that for me."

Cater merely smiles. "I know. Consider this an early unbirthday present."

You hold the phone close to your chest. "Thank you so much Carter!"

You wrap your arms around Cater in a tight hug. Cater was taken a little by surprise but quickly returns the hug.

"You're welcome Y/N."

Cater pulls out of the hug and holds your hand. "Now let's pick out some accessories for your new phone!"

With Cater's help, you picked out a cute phone case and a pop socket that matches. As soon as you check out and are out the door, Cater gets the phone out of its box and sets it up for you.

"There, I put in mine and Trey's and Riddle's number." Cater sheepishly plays with a strand of his orange hair. "I don't have Deuce or Ace's number so you'll have to ask them."

You smile at him. "That's no problem. I can't thank you enough for this Cater."

Cater waves you off. "Oh it's nothing. Now we can text each other and we can hangout more."

"So am I finally out of the rock I've been living under?" You laugh recalling what he said to you earlier.

Cater laughs with you. "I hear by declare you doth officially live in the modern era."

You laugh and walk with Cater back to Night Raven. Chatting and laughing the whole way.

By the time you get back to your dorm, the sun begins to dip into the horizon. Cater walks you to the door.

"Thank you again Cater. This meant so much to me."

"No probs. Now there's no stopping the flood of memes I'll send you."

"I'm counting on it." You laugh.

"Well, I guess this is where I shall bid you good night Y/N."

You give Cater another quick hug. "Good night Cater."

As Cater steps away he calls out to you. "I shall text you very first thing tomorrow!"

"Can't wait!" You wave to him and enter the Ramshackle Dorm.

You close the door behind you. Grim pokes his head up from where he sat on the couch. "Where on earth did you disappear to?"

You smile, showing Grim your new phone. "I just had a little phone date with Cater."