Rehearsal Business

Vil walks into the ballroom. "I see my spuds are all present and accounted for. Have you all memorized the song?"

Everyone nods. "Yes, sir!"

"Then it's time to try singing it together." Vil looks to you. "Little flower, start the music."

You play the song and the boys all get into position. They were pretty amazing this time. Even Ace and Deuce seemed to find their rhythm. Once the song ended, you applaud them.

"You guys did amazing!"

Kalim smiles brightly. "I was so awestruck by the main vocalists that I suddenly forgot I was on the chorus!"

"Come on. You should know better than that." Jamil shakes his head.

"That's just how good it sounded." Kalim laughs. "My body kicks into dance mode all on its own!"

"Très bien!" Rook exclaims. "What a splendid harmony it was."

Deuce grins. "I agree. Everybody was on fire there!"

Vil scoffs. "It's hardly cause to celebrate. The performance was, quite frankly, a mess. The main vocals were off-key, and the chorus was much too loud and pronounced."

Ace folds his arms. "I sang my heart out there, and now you're telling me I'm not supposed to? Being part of the backup is harder than I thought. Maaan! I wish I'd gotten main vocals."

"Spudling One." Vil turns to Ace. "If you fail to grasp the importance of the chorus, then a shot at main vocals is further off for you than the seven jeweled hills. Any disruption to the harmony between the main melody and chorus makes a song sound worse. You would do well to remember that."

Ace sighs. "Yes sir. I'll try."

"We'll be dancing and singing simultaneously at the show. It's only going to get harder from here." Vil states. "Next up: dance rehearsal. Let's get started."

You play the music and the boys start dancing. They all look amazing together but Vil scowls. "No, no, no! Stop the music."

You hit the pause button and Vil whirls around and faces the rest of the boys. Rook steps forward. "What's the matter, Vil?"

"Epel..." Vil growls.

Epel straightens up. "Yes, sir?"

Deuce and Ace move to stand next to you. Ace leans close to whisper. "Hoo boy, Epel's gonna get another tongue-lashing. I feel bad for the guy after watching this play out every day."

Deuce rubs the back of his neck. "He's on main vocals, so I'm sure Vil expects a lot out of him, but still..."

Grim clambers up to your shoulders. "Every time I hear 'stop the music', my first instinct is to cower with my tail between my legs."

"Have you learned nothing from your ballet lessons?" Vil steps menacingly to Epel. "I told you to throw out your antiquated notions. I said nothing about acting so halfhearted! Don't just sing the words without thinking about what they mean. This song is more than mere lip service."

"But this is the most charming I can sound..." Epel tried to reason.

"Being charming is another matter entirely." Vil narrows his eyes. "Do you think that will be enough to take Neige down? Now, take it from the top!"

Vil waves a hand and turns his back to Epel. You're hesitant to play the song when you see the lavender haired boy clenching his fists. He's visibly shaking.

"I don't... I don't WANNA be cute!"

Vil looks over his shoulder and quirks an eye. "Excuse me?"