Truth Brought to Light

Grim bursts through the doors to the classroom. "All right, where's Ruggie Bucchi?"

   Ruggie grins as he makes his way towards you. "Right here. Ah... It's you guys again."

   He looks to Grim who has an angry expression on his face. "I really hope this isn't about that deluxe grilled cheese. We traded fair and square."

   Riddle gllowers at the hyena. "Ruggie Bucchi, we need to ask you some questions about the spate of injuries that have befallen prospective Spelldrive tournament players."

   Ruggie smirks at Riddle. "Oh ho. This sounds like some serious business."

   Cater looks around as students start to enter the classroom. "How about we move to the hall and keep this in the figurative DMs, if you catch my drift?"

   "I'm cooperating." Ruggie says. "Let's all try to be gentlemen, now."

   Ruggie walks by the boys and into the hallway. You and the others follow suit. Riddle turns to Ruggie.

   "While we do not yet know exactly what transpired, it is abundantly clear that your signature spell is a dangerous one. I will be casting Off With Your Head to-"

   "But Riddle," Ruggie interrupts. "are you sure you should be casting such a powerful spell without your magical pen?"

   "Huh? Wait... what?" Riddle pats down his clothes in search for his pen. "What happened to my magical pen?"

   Grim looks to Cater. "Hey, Cater! Your pen's gone too!"

   Cater looks at his pockets. "You're kidding me! How?"

   Ruggie laughs, waving the red jeweled pens around. "Children of privilege, every one of you. So unprepared. So complacent. Like stealing candy from a baby."

   "Myah?" Grim hops into your arms. "He cast his spell to snatch your pens away without us even noticing?"

   Ruggie rolls his eyes. "Puh-lease. As if I'd need magic to do that! Anyway, having a showdown in the hallway is not on my agenda for today, so I'll be on my way."

   Ruggie turns on his heels and walks away, waving. "Toodles!"

   "Hey! Hold it right there!" Grim yells out.

   "Curse you!" Riddle shouts to the hyena. "You will halt if you value your head! Off With-"

   Cater steps in front of Riddle. "Whoa, Riddle, stop! Don't be a hero, man!"

   You put a reassuring hand on Riddle's arm. "It's going to be okay. I'll help to get your pens back."

   Riddle takes a deep breath and calms down. He gives you a smile, placing a hand over yours. "Thank you Y/N."

   "Dude, your flamingo feeding outfit was insane. Who knew they made leopard print in hot pink?"

   You turn around upon hearing a familiar voice.

   "L-look, it's not like I had a choice! It's all I had in pink!" Deuce sputters.

   You see Deuce and Ace walking your way. Ace shakes his head. "I can't believe we still gotta follow weird rules like that. But I guess it's better than it was."

   "Oh! Ace, Deuce!" Cater cries out. "You boys are a sight for sore eyes!"

   Cater runs towards them, grabbing their hands and rushing towards where Ruggie disappeared. You and Riddle chase after them, Grim hoping from your shoulder and running in all fours.