✨ Lie nr. 27

Lies:

Lies:

No not at all

I just accidentally ruined my last pair

I still can't believe she paid for my new suit, it's a very nice suit and all, don't get me wrong, but I didn't expect her to pay for it, not even if it would cost me a lot of shifts at the garage.

She shouldn't be paying for anything, especially not if I'm taking her out on a date.

She really is something else, gorgeous, spontaneous, extremely funny, but the last thing I want is for her to feel like she owes me anything. In fact, I feel like I owe her the world and I would give it to her if I was financially stable.

One day.

Her dorm room is thick with tension. Not a word was spoken on our way back to campus, just some of her favorite songs playing in the car, desperately trying to drown out the silence. Silence, I created after she told me she already took care of paying for the suit while I got dressed in the fitting room.

I have to tell her how I feel because I can't let her think I'm okay with this.

But how do I even begin?

So, Cé, it really sucks you think I'm poor...

That's probably not the way to start that convo.

However, it's how I kind of feel.

The door on her dorm falls shut and she turns to me, arms crossed in front of her, ready to break this awful quietness and defend her reasoning, but I speak before she can.

"I can't believe you spent so much on a suit for me." I mutter, disappointed dripping from my voice. "I'm not some charity case." Like that rich dick from the bar said some time ago. It stuck.

Her face falls and I'm already regretting bringing it up, it came out way harsher than I wanted it to. "Rémy." she sighs, while unraveling her scarf from around her neck and tossing it onto her bed. "Do you really think I see you as some charity case? Come on... You know better than that." She stands in front of me pouting and if she pouts a little more, I might just drop this whole argument because she's too adorable to be even slightly angry at.

"Then why did you do it?" I shrug while shaking myself out of my puffer jacket. There's silence, a lot of it and my thoughts want to fill it in out loud. "Because that just made me feel very unfit to be your boyfriend."

Uh oh.

I now definitely understand that expression about having your heart on your tongue, or was it your sleeve?

Anyway, I just said that... Out loud.

"My boyfriend?" She laughs at first and then her lips part as she stares at me, our eyes locking. Céline's laughter fades away as she continues to hold my gaze, and I can see the wheels turning in her head. "Boyfriend?" She now whispers quietly.