CH-05

Annoying Girl In Next Door -05

-Third Person Pov-

-

-

-

-

-

The anticipation of the hangout after school hung in the air as you approached the nearby cafe. A mixture of excitement and reluctance swirled within you, a break from the usual laziness that governed your days under the watchful eye of your older sister, Minji.

As the scent of coffee and the murmur of conversation enveloped you upon entering the cafe, you couldn't help but reflect on the rarity of such outings with your friends.

The worker's friendly greeting added a touch of warmth to the atmosphere, signaling the potential for a refreshing change.

Walking alone, as others had left earlier, you strolled through the bustling cafe, reminiscing about the absence of such gatherings in your recent routine. The ambiance, a blend of chatter and the clinking of cups, set the stage for a welcome diversion.

Kyujin's message guided your steps, leading you to the familiar faces of your friends.

Kyujin herself greeted you with an enthusiastic.

"Look, Y/n's here!" The attention of everyone at the table shifted to you, accompanied by smiles and friendly gestures.

"Hey, guys," you greeted, feeling a sense of camaraderie as Ni-Ki kindly pulled out a chair for you.

Gratitude murmured from your lips as you settled into the group, the air now charged with the collective energy of companionship.

However, amid the warmth of the gathering, you couldn't ignore the presence of someone you had hoped to avoid – Kang Haerin.

As you navigated through the maze of tables, her sly smile caught your eye, leaving you to wonder about her intentions.

"What's she up to?" you pondered, a sense of caution settling over you.

Turning your attention to Ni-Ki, you initiated a conversation to distract yourself from the undercurrent of tension.

"Hey..." you began, tapping his shoulder gently. He turned, a curious expression on his face as he looked at you.

"What's she doing here?" you whispered, inclining your head towards Haerin.

"Oh, her? Isn't she our friend too?" Ni-Ki responded with a friendly smile.

You sighed, "You guys, not mine."

As you looked up, Haerin's gaze lingered on you, a contemplative expression on her face, as if she were lost in thought.

"Guys, you know what?" Eunchae's voice broke through the moment, diverting attention away from the unspoken tension. "One of our old friends is coming; he just transferred to our school today! I invited him!"

Curiosity ignited around the table. "Who is it?" Kyujin asked, the question echoed by nods and murmurs from the others.

"You'll see soon!" Eunchae teased, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

However, amidst the joyful anticipation, Haerin remained a constant presence, her gaze following you.

As the group engaged in conversation and laughter, your attention shifted towards the unexpected guest at your table.

"Hey, Kim Y/n?" Haerin's voice disrupted the ambient chatter.

You responded with a half-hearted acknowledgment, "Yes, Kang Ma'am?"

"Do you know who that old friend is?" she inquired, a flicker of curiosity in her eyes.

You scoffed, "Of course not. How would I?"

"I thought Eunchae always spills everything to you, but I guess I was wrong," Haerin remarked, her words delivered with a touch of drama.

"Shut up, you fat cat!" you quipped, crossing your arms in a playful defiance that was a familiar dance between the two of you.

"Whatever, you ugly!" she retorted, mirroring your posture with a smirk, continuing the banter that seemed to define your interactions.

"Ugh, these two always argue and bicker!" Kyujin chuckled, the others joining in laughter, finding entertainment in the ongoing saga of your dynamic.

Despite the collective amusement, you and Haerin maintained a steely gaze, a silent acknowledgment of the underlying tension.

A/n: Guess who is the old friend 😉?And don't forget to vote this chapter please 😭

( To be continued )