00. Prologue

A clear, calm and breezy morning it was

A clear, calm and breezy morning it was. A lady in her fifties, fiddled with the pen in her hand as she wrote down endless thoughts of hers onto a journal. Her loose silver hair strands along with those of [h/c] hairs moved gently under the influence of the breeze.

Her hair glowed from the sunlight that fell on her, through the window in her room.  The curtains in the room fluttered and moved, as a gentle tune played on her gramophone.

My dearest papa.

Lovingly known as my papa, but known to the people and citizens of Fontaine as the Iudex or Chief Justice of the Court of Fontaine.

I  do not know what was the true reason  for a highly reputed man such as my papa, to decide and keep me, a complete stranger by his side for these many years.  

was it his loneliness that compelled him to take me in as his own daughter? or was it pity that an infant such as I, was abandoned right next to the Palais Mermonia?

No, that's not it. He could have just handed me over to the children's welfare association. Perhaps it was my elemental strength? Born with an unstable amount of elemental energy within my body, I must have surely given people trouble when it came to handling me. 

Or maybe was it simply because, he grew attached with me? I'm questioning too much right now, especially when it's been so long since those days passed.

Hearing soft knocks on the door, she heard Sedene's voice from behind the door. "Lady (y/n)!" 

(Y/n) closed the journal and put it down to the last drawer of her desk. "Yes Sedene you may enter!" She raised her voice loudly, nearly arranging stacks of paperwork aside.

Seeing the little melusine enter the room, (y/n) smiled at her. "How can I be of help?" she asked. 

The melusine refused with a nod of her head in sideways before she looked back at (y/n). "Monsieur Neuvillette wants to join you for lunch! Are you free to accompany him?"

Without batting an eye to the hectic schedule written down in one of the papers on her desk, she agreed. "Of course! Ah Sedene! Could you get me and papa some <favorite desert>? Although he would say—"

Sedene immediately interrupted as she smiled, "No worries! I've already bought them!" 

Y/n smiled and thanked the Melusine as she silently continued with her thoughts while Sedene found her way out.

"That's right. Had he not taken me in that day, would I be as happy as I am now?" 

"Papa is surely cold, stoic and strange but no one has ever cherished me or loved me as much as he did."

"Well, at least I could say I'm the most fortunate child out there! To have an aunt who was once the Hydro Archon and a father who is now the Hydro Sovereign of Fontaine."

"Regardless of titles, they are simply my aunt and papa. Ah, how I miss aunt Furina..." 

"I sure do fear the day papa will have to be lonely again, without me....how sad it is to be a human." 

end prologue.

CHAPTER 1 COMING SOON, 3RD DECEMBER 2023.

a/n : !!!