05. You showered me with love,

Being a parent to a mortal child was no easy job for Neuvillette

Being a parent to a mortal child was no easy job for Neuvillette. He would often find himself entirely confused or bewildered at certain situations, entirely because he had no idea of what went wrong.

For instance, a week ago when he pulled away the box of tissues from (y/n)'s  grasp, he never thought it would be equal to destroying her entire purpose in life. The little one year old baby cried non-stop for hours after Neuvillette found her chewing on the tissues. She cried on non-stop as Neuvillette's attempt to soothe her went futile. 

He eventually fell down onto the couch, beside the little baby who continued to cry. he was completely sapped of his energy as he had been taking care of the hyper active baby (Y/n) throughout the weekend as no trials were held. What bewildered him more was how she stopped crying at one point as she looked at him and laughed. 

Almost as if she forgot the entire reason for what she was crying in the first place. 

Neuvillette stopped signing the documents as he felt a little tug of his hair from the back. Slightly wincing he looked at the side to see (Y/n) standing with her little toy in her tiny arms. She looked at him as she giggled excitedly, showing her milk teeth. 

He sighed and looked at her, "Not now (Y/n), Papa has work to do." he said as he pushed the chair back and looked at her. He had assumed that the little one wanted to play with him like she usually did at home. She had a frown on her face as she looked at him, mumbling gibberish. 

"ahhhh! Up-ah! Uhup!" She mumbled incomprehensible words that Neuvillette was able to make out as he bent down and picked her up with his hands. He placed her on his lap as he pushed the bunch of documents away from the curious grip of the child.

Pulling out a tissue from a box on his desk,  he wiped the drool on her face gently whereas she kept her tiny mouth open as she made an attempt to take the tissue in her mouth. Noticing her little mischief, he withdrew the tissue away from her face,still holding her little fragile face gently as he looked down at her, 

"No tissue for lunch, young miss." He said as he saw her curiously gaze at his other hand which had the tissue. Trying to get up on his lap, he immediately held her back using his other hand. She whined and spoke more incomprehensible language as she struggled to balance herself on her dear papa's lap.

"Sit down (Y/n)!" He said as he threw the tissue away into the dustbin. (Y/n) looked at him with slight tears in her eyes as she mumbled, "twisoo....pa...pa.." 

Hearing the word 'papa', Neuvillette's eyes were widened as he looked closer at the baby. "What...did you say..." he muttered low as he held her closer to him. He was completely caught off guard as (Y/n) had never called him that before. The only words she could tell were 'twisoo' , 'apule', 'no' and 'fuud'