12.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year," Frank Sinatra blasts through the shopping mall speakers as I weave my way through the crowd. The mall is bustling with kids tightly bundled in winter clothes tugging on their moms parka while pointing at toy stores. The window displays look like Santa puked at on them, fake snow and red ribbon decking the halls. All around are families in red sweaters, mothers with arms full of shopping bags and dads behind them, just trying to keep up.

I wish I could say, I too, was here for some wholesome Christmas shopping, but that would be a lie...unless you count trashy lingerie as wholesome.

Alex had sent an email to all the dancers last night enforcing a "Christmas dress code," for the next twenty days. So here I am looking for a x-rated store to buy my holiday uniform. More red, more green, happy hoe-idays from yours truly.

I search through the racks of the first cheap sex shop I find. Thongs with big red bows, tiny Santa skirts, sparkly green bras and red lace stockings pile high in my shopping basket. Moving towards the register, I take a deep breath, thinking about the money I'm wasting on this trash. The cashier scans the items quickly, barely making eye contact with me as she smacks the gum in her mouth. "Bag?" She asks as she stares at her acrylic nails nonchalantly.

"No, thank you," I pull a big Macys bag out of my purse. As you can see this isn't my first rodeo, I always come prepared. I stuff the lingerie in the plastic bag as she swipes my card, I wince at the cost. These better be worth the tips, I think to myself before heading towards my car.

As usual, the cold air sends shivers down my spine as I open my apartment door. I stay bundled tightly as I weave around all the clothes littering the floor, making my way to the bedroom. I sort through my new items before deciding on a red corset, tightening the strings until my boobs are practically squished flat and my breathing is labored. I slip on some red silky underwear and knee high socks to complete the look. As I carefully swipe the red lipstick across my lips, Mr. Hayes face flashes in my mind. I can hear his voice as he tells me I should wear it more often. A stupid flutter feeling lingers in my stomach before disappearing. I shake my head, attempting to re-focus.

I throw on a soft pair of sweats and a long parka before making the cold and treacherous journey to my car. Running quickly, I feel my nose turning red and my fingers numb as the cold air stings my body. I quickly unlock the door and slide into the passenger seat before cranking the heat and heading towards Lilacs.

The club is bustling, as Friday nights typically are. Girls are sitting in front of vanity mirrors smudged with fingerprints and makeup. Pushing up their boobs, rubbing glitter on their chest, and smudging black eyeliner across their tired eyes. The bass of the music vibrates through my body as I slip off my sweats and touch up my hair, fluffing up my curls even more. I smile in the mirror making sure there's no lipstick on my teeth. My eyes stay trained on the mirror for a second, a feeling of discomfort washes over me as I look at the girl in the mirror. She barely looks like me. I take a deep breath before walking towards the stage entrance.

I hear Alex's voice behind me, I turn around to see him jogging to catch up to me, waving his hands. "Lillian, I need you to work a private party tonight," he tries to catch his breath from the intrepid two second jog he just endured, "They are regulars of Jessica, but she called in sick," he rambles on between heavy exhales. Sweat builds up on his top lip, somehow managing to make him even more disgusting than before. I just nod my head in response as he directs me to party room B.

As I stand outside the curtain adjusting my outfit, a bottle girl comes out from the room, carrying four empty champagne bottles on her tray. "Big spenders," she winks at me as she walks by, and I know she's telling me to put on a good show. I take a deep breath before batting my lashes, getting into character and coming out from behind the purple velvet curtain.

I step onto the small round platform in the center of the room, grabbing the silver pole. The men are seated around me on a round purple couch. I look around the room as I begin to move my body. There are seven of them seated comfortably, leaning back in the cushions with glasses of champagne lazily dangling from their fingers. They are all wear different variations of crisp black suits, complimented with expensive looking watches and silver cuff links. I try to tune out the conversations as I drop low ground before snapping back up with a body roll.

"That's not the type of investment I'm interested in," I catch little pieces of the conversation here and there. Immediately recognizing this as some sort of business meeting. They pay little attention to me, only whistling catcalling occasionally, during pauses conversation. I wish all the parties could be this easy.

I move my hips back and forth, running my hands through my hair. I notice one of the middle aged men with a red tie staring directly at me, unengaged in the conversation around him. Our eyes catch, his face instantly lighting up. He gestures towards me, waving his hand and prompting me to come towards him.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" He yells over the music and laughter. His eyes take me in from head to toe, before quickly landing back on my chest. "Rose," I say softly, looking him directly in the eye before bending at the hips rolling my body up slowly. He nods his head in response, his eyes narrowing in on my body once again before reaching out to slip cash in my bra. His gaze stays glued to me as his finger graze my chest ever so slightly.

Alex comes in from behind the curtain with another bottle of champagne, greeting the men with a hardy hello. They smile with familiarity as he walks around re-filling their glasses and shaking hands. I continue to dance, trying not to make eye contact with him. The feeling of his beady dead eyes on me makes my skin crawl. The man in the red tie pats the seat next to him, inviting Alex to join them. I almost scoff at the notion of Alex watching me as if this show is for him. He grabs a glass of expensive champagne, the gross sweat on his upper lip growing more apparent with the heat of the room.

He sits in between the red tie man and a younger man who I can't help but notice is quite attractive. The sound of their conversation is drowned out by the music as I grab the pole and continue drop low to the ground, moving back up ever so seductively. My body rolls to the beat of the music. My cheeks are flushed, the heat in the small room radiating through me. I turn to make eye contact with one of the guys every so often, knowing that type of personal attention always leads to more tips.

I hear bits and pieces of the conversation as Alex makes crude jokes and brings up our most expensive scotch in a not-so-subtle manner. I feel the stare of the younger man on me, his eyes glued to me. Alex refers to him as "Alejandro," directing much of his attention at the young man whose aura screams authority. Alejandro speaks up, his voice sounding above the music, "Where have you been hiding this one, Alex?" He looks at me mischievously, a small smirk pulling at the corner of his lips and a glimmer in his blue eyes. His gaze meets mine, temporary drowning out the music and conversation around me. I hold eye contact, paralyzed by his stare. My heart rate speeds up.

Alex chuckles in response, "You like her, huh?" He sips his champagne, and leans back further into the cushion, "She's a fan favorite."

"I can see why," the young man responds, his eyes still set on me.

******
AUTHORS NOTE:
Hello lovely readers!

I am so excited that you have stuck with this story, and I want to thank you for your comments and votes! They bring the biggest smile to my face.

I will be updating later this week and can't wait to hear what you all think!💞

All my love,
Alexandra